• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: NYE Run - Sell Out?

#73579 2 years, 9 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
Seriously SF is the coolest city in the world. I was a bike messenger for years, and the best part of my job was discovering cool new things and places everyday. You can go about anywhere in the city and fond something new and interesting.

Yes. San Francisco is like tutti-frutti ice cream. There are so many varied neighborhoods, all of them great to visit. Speaking of ice cream, you can get exciting ice cream sundaes at Ghiradelli Square at Fisherman's Wharf.
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#73627 2 years, 9 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Awesome funky you just got me more pumped. Whitcomb or bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its on like donkey kong.... hope to cya there!

Have people stayed at the Whitcomb before? Are they pretty mellow when it comes to late/late night noise, partying, etc? Trying to find a hassle free place and heard it rages. Any previous experience would be appreciated!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#73630 2 years, 9 months ago
I want to stay at the whitecomb on the second night. If anybody has a room that nighti will throw some money on it. I want to party there but i just can't afford it.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#73631 2 years, 9 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Awesome funky you just got me more pumped. Whitcomb or bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its on like donkey kong.... hope to cya there!

Have people stayed at the Whitcomb before? Are they pretty mellow when it comes to late/late night noise, partying, etc? Trying to find a hassle free place and heard it rages. Any previous experience would be appreciated!!

I stayed at the Whitcomb last year and it was awesome all the heads will be there!!!!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtherOne
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#73860 2 years, 9 months ago
The old brick fort at the San Fran foot of GGB is kinda cool as well is the Crissy Field walk...good views of the the bay and huge frisbee toss etc. Don't know if we can afford the Whitcomb so some of the digs down on Lombard may have to suffice..stayed down there after Phil's 70th...good bus service. Stacey and I wouldn't mind splitting a room cost with some other heads though, just to be close to the ven and afterparty! We'll be head'n down from the Seattle area via Whidbey Island and Bellingham. Any other Washingtonians headin' down? The Whitcomb sounds quite fun, gotta say..
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#73864 2 years, 9 months ago
Bilbo wrote:
The old brick fort at the San Fran foot of GGB is kinda cool as well is the Crissy Field walk...good views of the the bay and huge frisbee toss etc. Don't know if we can afford the Whitcomb so some of the digs down on Lombard may have to suffice..stayed down there after Phil's 70th...good bus service. Stacey and I wouldn't mind splitting a room cost with some other heads though, just to be close to the ven and afterparty! We'll be head'n down from the Seattle area via Whidbey Island and Bellingham. Any other Washingtonians headin' down? The Whitcomb sounds quite fun, gotta say..

I wan to stay 29 andnight at hotel. Tell me the cost of what it would be for my share and if I can I will.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#73869 2 years, 9 months ago
23atwell...are you saying that you're up for a room split? 50 is a lot cheaper than a hun... Cool if you can. Stacey is a healer, I'm a guitar player.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#73877 2 years, 9 months ago
Bilbo wrote:
23atwell...are you saying that you're up for a room split? 50 is a lot cheaper than a hun... Cool if you can. Stacey is a healer, I'm a guitar player.

I can do 50. My best friend that is a girl might do it to so that it would be even cheaper. Are you doing all three nights at the hotel and would we be doing the white comb. Maybe you should pm me
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#73882 2 years, 9 months ago
Cool. Will do first thing tomm. morn.
Roadtripper
Junior Boarder
Deadicated shamanic dreamer

#74056 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you Furthur for having 3 shows this year. I expect all 3 shows will sell out. I have been going to New Years shows from 1981 to 87 and returned in 2008 and became hooked again. The shows that lead up to and the NYE show are very special for me. The love in the air , the excitement for midnight, the 3rd set, the parade the balloons the hallucinations are all reasons to go. I love the B.G. Civic Center venue and the band seems to as well. Phil even said something about it at the 2009 NYE show. . It is in a great central SF location. A medium size arena. with adequate acoustics. What I like most about NYE (especially at the BG civic) is the GD / Furthur family reunion atmosphere. It is like coming home for the holidays. In my opinion It is worth whatever it takes to be there with or without a ticket.. Fortunately I live in SF and I recommend going to twin Peaks. Many thanks to all my brothers and sistersin the Furthur Family and God Bless. LakawannaBee AKA Alex
The turmoil of today has caused me to reevaluate my values .I dont want to be a part of the collective nightmare in mainstream society. I want to be with people that embrace my dreams and offer me hope. And believe in a world where all living beings live in peace love and harmony. Thank you Furthur Family.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds