• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

Re: NYE Run - Sell Out?

#72636 2 years, 10 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I wouldn't wast your time with the cable cars. There cool looking but it takes forever to get around. I think it just wastes time to do cooler stuff. Pier 39 is my favorite. There's very good seafood. Don't waste your money going in the silly ripley believe it or not museum.

I lived in SF for 5 years and never road a cable car, spent little time at the Wharf, and only saw Alcatraz a distance. The last day before I moved back to the Midwest I decided to play tourist, and did all these things. I have to honestly say it was a blast. If you get a chance check out the Cliff House, old arcade, and the Camera Obscura at sunset.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#72646 2 years, 10 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
23atwell wrote:
I wouldn't wast your time with the cable cars. There cool looking but it takes forever to get around. I think it just wastes time to do cooler stuff. Pier 39 is my favorite. There's very good seafood. Don't waste your money going in the silly ripley believe it or not museum.

I lived in SF for 5 years and never road a cable car, spent little time at the Wharf, and only saw Alcatraz a distance. The last day before I moved back to the Midwest I decided to play tourist, and did all these things. I have to honestly say it was a blast. If you get a chance check out the Cliff House, old arcade, and the Camera Obscura at sunset.

The Camera Obscura is very cool!!!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#72651 2 years, 10 months ago
More fun places to visit: adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf is Hyde St. Pier, San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, with some great old sailing ships and other boats. You can walk out onto the pier for free. If you walk to the left of the pier, through Aquatic Park, you can go up the hill on the back of Fort Mason for some awesome views of the Bay, GG Bridge, and the Marin Headlands. Just follow the bicyclists. (bicycles can be rented right nearby, to cruise the waterfront, Crissy Field and go over the bridge to the viewspot in Marin). There are also some great staircase gardens, like the Vallejo St. stairs in North Beach, and the Lyon St. stairs in the Marina, and the crookedest street, Lombard at Hyde. Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill in North Beach is beautiful, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#72654 2 years, 10 months ago
She's right Lombard st(the crookedest st in the world) is fun to drive down.
The voices tell me what to say
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#72664 2 years, 10 months ago
we're also considering going to the aquarium my girl and I love that stuff, me especially since I'm an avid scuba diver and she snorkles.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#72670 2 years, 10 months ago
Seriously SF is the coolest city in the world. I was a bike messenger for years, and the best part of my job was discovering cool new things and places everyday. You can go about anywhere in the city and fond something new and interesting.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#72675 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm super excited to get my In-n-Out finally it will have been 1 year exactly since my last one, double double animal style MMMMMM
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#72712 2 years, 10 months ago
Funny when you live somewhere you're like oh well. Lived in Philly 15 yrs before going to see the Liberty Bell ( I had seen it as a kid with my parents) and only cause my niece and nephew were visiting.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#72721 2 years, 10 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Funny when you live somewhere you're like oh well. Lived in Philly 15 yrs before going to see the Liberty Bell ( I had seen it as a kid with my parents) and only cause my niece and nephew were visiting.

absolutely I lived outside of LA for 6 yrs and never really did much I did do Disneyland of course but other than that...
Devotion
Fresh Boarder

#72807 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow! Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
We're super excited now...and since we are flying from Toronto, we are going to come a few days early to give us a few extra days to see the sights.
Good luck with getting tickets everyone!
"See that girl, barefootin' along"
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds