• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

Re: wheres deadhead420 at?

#72918 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey Funky, you did well compared to spun me. I got out of jail about 1 AM and had no clue where i was...our motel was across a tunnel in New Jersey...I walked a long time and eventually made it to Port Authority at about 3 AM but I could not find a bus...finally took a bus but it was the wrong one...got lost somewhere in New Jersey and walked another hour or two...finally found an open gas station and called a cab...got back to the motel about 5 AM. Rough night. Let's just say New York is on my "never again" list.
funky420 wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Wlewis (or others) wasn't guitar george also with you in your travels. He's been away from the boards for a while too, but my guess is that's cause he was on tour here and he's based out of Alaska so he may still be on the road so to speak

I know my fellow NY'ers were not too kind to George in the Spring. Sending out good vibes to you George, hope you're well.

I was with George in NY that sucked it takes a long time to get rleased then when I got out I had no clue where I was there were no cabs around I ended up walking like 12 bocks befor finding a cab. God thing was when I got back to the hotel it was only like 1 am so we all went out and got wasted. The next 2 nights were magical though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#72927 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks Scar1et for thinking of me! Wouldn't expect that because I don't post here that much. I made it back to Alaska fine.

Regarding the tour, I had a blast and was blissed out at almost every show. This 13-show tour seemed just about right for me...the last tour that i did with wlewis was 25 shows...and that was a haul.

Lots of stories to tell but If I told it all I'd have to kill you. As some of you intelligent folk figured out, there is more to the story...but a public forum is not the best place to tell it.

Traveling on tour with a group has its challenges...bullshit will only work so long. wlewis and I managed 3 tours/ 49 shows together without killing each other, even though he is the same age as my daughter and people probably saw us as father and son. Though it was obvious to me that he got sick of hearing me blab on and on about Furthur...anyway... I did a lot of HD video on this tour...588 segments. It will take a while to edit it all and produce a documentary of the roadtrippers tour, but I will do it! Just got some new video editing software.

Unfortunately, because of all that went down (it would burn off both your ears), making the documentary public is problematic because I need signed consent from everyone, and I doubt i will get it. Before the tour I did not think this would be a problem. But because of what went down, I no longer feel safe sharing the video. It is sad, but that is the way it is.

Of course I can release parts that include me and the people who provide signed consent. But actually I am not in much of the videos because I was doing the filming. I have put up some videos of my family and a wonderful mushroom hike in the magical and trippy Point Lobos (Monterey) on the day after the tour ended (I got consent from the trees and rocks). You can find these at my youtube page...my ID is "lookatitright."

I had virtually no internet access on the tour...there were a few computers on the RV, but I was seldom able to use one.

Anyway, the tour was an overall great experience that I would not trade for anything, but if there is another tour I can do, I will do it differently.

I am hoping to make it to NYE for the fourth year in a row!

scar1et_f1re wrote:
Wlewis (or others) wasn't guitar george also with you in your travels. He's been away from the boards for a while too, but my guess is that's cause he was on tour here and he's based out of Alaska so he may still be on the road so to speak

I know my fellow NY'ers were not too kind to George in the Spring. Sending out good vibes to you George, hope you're well.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#72932 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey skillet! Glad to hear you made it home safe!

It was great traveling with you!

Hell, with seven strangers in one RV for almost three weeks, it's amazing it worked as well as it did!
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge, Roadtripper
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#72979 2 years, 11 months ago
guitargeorge wrote:
Thanks Scar1et for thinking of me! Wouldn't expect that because I don't post here that much. I made it back to Alaska fine.

Regarding the tour, I had a blast and was blissed out at almost every show. This 13-show tour seemed just about right for me...the last tour that i did with wlewis was 25 shows...and that was a haul.

Lots of stories to tell but If I told it all I'd have to kill you. As some of you intelligent folk figured out, there is more to the story...but a public forum is not the best place to tell it.

Traveling on tour with a group has its challenges...bullshit will only work so long. wlewis and I managed 3 tours/ 49 shows together without killing each other, even though he is the same age as my daughter and people probably saw us as father and son. Though it was obvious to me that he got sick of hearing me blab on and on about Furthur...anyway... I did a lot of HD video on this tour...588 segments. It will take a while to edit it all and produce a documentary of the roadtrippers tour, but I will do it! Just got some new video editing software.

Unfortunately, because of all that went down (it would burn off both your ears), making the documentary public is problematic because I need signed consent from everyone, and I doubt i will get it. Before the tour I did not think this would be a problem. But because of what went down, I no longer feel safe sharing the video. It is sad, but that is the way it is.

Of course I can release parts that include me and the people who provide signed consent. But actually I am not in much of the videos because I was doing the filming. I have put up some videos of my family and a wonderful mushroom hike in the magical and trippy Point Lobos (Monterey) on the day after the tour ended (I got consent from the trees and rocks). You can find these at my youtube page...my ID is "lookatitright."

I had virtually no internet access on the tour...there were a few computers on the RV, but I was seldom able to use one.

Anyway, the tour was an overall great experience that I would not trade for anything, but if there is another tour I can do, I will do it differently.

scar1et_f1re wrote:

follow your bliss george! agreed 13 was nice, but you know a sunday night in monterey would have really been nice...

george don't worry i don't get sick of hearing you blab about furthur, just when its the same 3 sentences

that reminds me i forgot to throw the camera in the pacific ocean..just kiddding...i'd like to see some of the footage sometime when you get around to it, except you must delete me spun out of control the 3rd night of eugene

what went down? i feel like i either missed something or you are making a bgger deal out of something that happened?

dude you better be at NYE, in over 250 dead related shows i am going to hit my first NYE shows
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#73076 2 years, 11 months ago
I'll miss his enthusiasm.

I just wonder if you shouldn't feel,
Less concerned about the deep unreal.
The very first word is "How do you do?,
The last "Go home your mama's callin' you.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#73096 2 years, 11 months ago
This thread went way from where I tought it would go. I just remember him saying he just needed to go home not give up on the scene. I hope that's not the case. I HOPE THE MUSIC STILL MOVES YOU DH 420.
GOOD LOVE
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#73145 2 years, 11 months ago
There is obviously some stuff that wlewis and george are not filling us in on..... which is the way it should be. It is slightly odd that 420 went on tour and is now suddenly MIA when he used to be on here daily but whatever. Hope the young platypus is making platypus pups and living the good life
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#73161 2 years, 11 months ago
yeah I miss the little wierdo too, I promise you I did not stuff him in a barrel or did I? Buuaahhhwwaaaawwwaaaa!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#73162 2 years, 11 months ago
I think he is doing just fine.

Here is a post from him on 10/10/11:

Re: Was Gumby at last nights show? Platy Dude?
10 Oct 2011 23:05 Category: General Discussion

All is good. Busy wit life. hehehe Wont be on the board much for a while til i get grounded. Gettin the platybus in working order n enjoyin life wit my love. <3 =-) Much love, keeep it mellow hehehehhe jus wanted to use vomit face for the fun of it. lol gnight peoples.
DeadHead420
Takin' it in stride!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#73296 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
guitargeorge wrote:

scar1et_f1re wrote:

follow your bliss george! agreed 13 was nice, but you know a sunday night in monterey would have really been nice...

george don't worry i don't get sick of hearing you blab about furthur, just when its the same 3 sentences

that reminds me i forgot to throw the camera in the pacific ocean..just kiddding...i'd like to see some of the footage sometime when you get around to it, except you must delete me spun out of control the 3rd night of eugene

what went down? i feel like i either missed something or you are making a bgger deal out of something that happened?

dude you better be at NYE, in over 250 dead related shows i am going to hit my first NYE shows

It will be my first newyears run also.

I had a wonderful time with all of you on the RV this tour, having that land yacht in the parking lot to crash in post show is essential!

I won't even try to review my experience, the time line is slightly skewed all I'll say is "keep you Fingers clean"

Ahh shit... I thought we sprayed for those things
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds