• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: wheres deadhead420 at?

#72495 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm curious wlewis, how do you finance all your touring? I've read in previous posts you sometimes work as a substitute teacher, and I can't imagine you make a lot doing that. Are you a drug dealer or something? You can answer that in code so as not to incriminate yourself. If you sell drugs just say "I'm the candyman" and I'll understand.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#72527 2 years, 6 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
I'm curious wlewis, how do you finance all your touring? I've read in previous posts you sometimes work as a substitute teacher, and I can't imagine you make a lot doing that. Are you a drug dealer or something? You can answer that in code so as not to incriminate yourself. If you sell drugs just say "I'm the candyman" and I'll understand.

I believe I read an old post from wlewis that said he was an "exotic dancer"
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#72529 2 years, 6 months ago
Aww man Jake was so bad ass, a seasoned vet fer sur. i had a blast meeting up with you guys at Monterey and its true that hittin a tour that hard is not as easy as it sounds, both physically and mentally. We almost had to call it quits when we crashed our car comin back from Vegas but we just had to go Furthur regardless the cost. I hope 420 makes his way back to the forum and and the shows. Burt we will be seeing you at NYE yes?
p.s. The Golden Arrow was such an amazing looking ride, inside and out including that sweet volcano and the grate heads that inhabited it!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roadtripper
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#72605 2 years, 6 months ago
DH420, WE LOVEEEEEE YOUUUUUUU! hope all is well bro.
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, DeadHead420
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#72650 2 years, 6 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:

i work my freaking ass off day and night at straight jobs when they aren't touring...i substitute teach--depending on the district that's 13-20 dollars an hr, do that each day but after that everyday, go find some other job...no matter what it is..call centers, fast food joints (you name it, i've fucking worked there), human resource managing, painting, carpeting, drunk driving prevention program (driving hammered people home), courier driving, i could keep going on and on and on

thing is, i have always told my employers how it's gonna be...at any minute i could get up and leave...my work ethic speaks for itself i work hard and i enjoy working believe it or not..give me a task and i'll ask you for another for when i finish

selling drugs is for kids who have nothing to lose...when you make it your career, you've only got so long before you're next..trust me, everybody goes down at some point if you stick around long enough
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#72652 2 years, 6 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
ShakedownSteve wrote:

I believe I read an old post from wlewis that said he was an "exotic dancer"

yeah i wish...too much stage fright for that...took me long enough to get comfortable playing my bass for crowds...still can't get me to sing for them
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#72653 2 years, 6 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
Aww man Jake was so bad ass, a seasoned vet fer sur. i had a blast meeting up with you guys at Monterey and its true that hittin a tour that hard is not as easy as it sounds, both physically and mentally. We almost had to call it quits when we crashed our car comin back from Vegas but we just had to go Furthur regardless the cost. I hope 420 makes his way back to the forum and and the shows. Burt we will be seeing you at NYE yes?
p.s. The Golden Arrow was such an amazing looking ride, inside and out including that sweet volcano and the grate heads that inhabited it!

hahah, hard not to like him...it was great meeting you as well tim. you and your girl were fun to kick it with, hope you enjoyed the shows i believe i saw you during setbreak the last night but i was a space cadet so who knows (thanks for the electric root beer smiley !)....it is amazing you made it after the car debacle returning from vegas...as straining as NYE will be for me, i'll see you there brother
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#72716 2 years, 6 months ago
Wlewis hope to meet you in Sf... You are me 25 yrs ago. You should be very scared. DH420 will be allright.. gives a new meaning to go on home your (playti) mamas callin you! ( thats me bein a smart ass.. only good vibes for 420)
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#72718 2 years, 6 months ago
Chuck_Woolery wrote:
Big props to him for going for it. Touring is on my bucket list but now that I have young kids, wife and demanding job it probably ain't gonna happen. Way to seize the oppty!!!

Allright I have to ask... before young kids and a wife what stopped ya... ?
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#72859 2 years, 6 months ago
Hehehe... 1995 I guess. Bad timing. I saw about 25 shows 1989-1995, see I was raised in Mountain View and saw almost all the Shoreline and Oakland shows in that time frame, plus one Frost and one Cal Expo, and a JGB at The Warfield.

That was was beginning midway through high school, so I was a youngster too.. which is why I give props to dh420 for goin for it.

The bay area shows were enough for me at the time, though I had two high school friends who ended up touring... I was almost ready to go for it myself and then 1995 happened. I remember the bad vibe at the last Shoreline show where there were sirens and paramedics and apparently someone got stabbed or something out on a corner of Shoreline Blvd.

Never followed the Other Ones or other incarnations after that... until Furthur.

So 420 if u read this... consider your timing excellent and much respect for making it happen on Phil and Bob's round 2
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds