• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dagan
Junior Boarder

How about a cover of Comfortably Numb?

#71921 2 years, 11 months ago
we know they can pull off 'Time', so why not?
The following user(s) said Thank You: skidoo
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: How about a cover of Comfortably Numb?

#71984 2 years, 11 months ago
Good call. I watched the video last week and it reminded me how amazing they are. And it put me in the mood to watch the movie again.

The wall is a must see movie (video) for anyone who enjoys Floyd. Putting aside how magnificent the album is, the imagery in the movie is amazing Allows you to really understand the complete story. Great to watch when buzzed, but maybe not too buzzed, some scenes are intense.

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
stricken
Gold Boarder

#72006 2 years, 11 months ago
I think roger is bringing the wall tour back to the states this summer
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#72007 2 years, 11 months ago
For me tripping and "The Wall" just don't mix. I prefer to keep things a little bit lighter and not go into that dark space that a song like "Comfortably Numb" would entail.
tumbleweed
Junior Boarder

#72011 2 years, 11 months ago
We were just talking over dinner how nicely Run would fit and blow up any setlist
this is the season of what now
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#72025 2 years, 11 months ago
I doth protest... Pink floyd covers do not do it for me. Play me some Stones, Beatles hell even a NYE "My generation" would be more "fun".. if I want to melt at a dead related show they got plenty in the arsenal to handle that on their own. ymmv

an addition... Drowned would rock!!! The we can hear the debate of furthur covering Phish covering the who!! I think jeff would tear up drowned with Bobby on vocals.... invite some horn players and go for 5:15!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#72026 2 years, 11 months ago
Just an fyi too, I am not a huge floyd fan but I saw David Gilmoure solo in 82? and it was one of the best shows I ever saw.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#72031 2 years, 11 months ago
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#72038 2 years, 11 months ago
personally I don't think Comfortably Numb is a good cover for them just because of what its about and for that reason I don't think they'd ever even consider it. However, I though Time at MSG 11/21 last year was one of the big highlights of the show..... WRS>Time>Let It Grow ...... yea that was something else and also the first WRS from Furthur. I also so Eclipse 2 times, both were great but I do prefer Phil's version over Jeff at RCMH unlike a lot of people but thats just me, there was something special about that version at SPAC..... I think the Floyd covers are great - Shine On You Crazy Diamand would be pretty, umm .... crazy. somebody posted this past tour saying they sound checked it....
dagan
Junior Boarder

#78697 2 years, 10 months ago
This version is just nuts!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds