• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Pool our Money to have a special furthur Show?

#72643 2 years, 11 months ago
I got a hundred on it. West coast. Since they just did monterey maybe we can redue the altamont scene. It's a huge place in the hills.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#72679 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i think we should have one gigantic special furthur forum gathering instead...we can have music by forum members' bands, forum members can jam together, all sorts of activities, games, and fun..art displays, nature walks

sounds like a weekend type thing i think it would be so great

I like this idea, but they would have to be regional gatherings. As fun as it sounds I wouldn't drive as far for it as I would for a show, we should probably just have more furthur forum meet-ups at shows.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#72963 2 years, 11 months ago
I like the forum idea a lot but hey we're already to almost 4,000 beans. Plus you would hope Furthur would see the value of us as customers (funny that we're that as well as fans) and would naturally want to extend a show of appreciation for our now almost 4 years of devotion by hooking us up on the cheap right ?! I mean most of their friends would be there anyway?!
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#72985 2 years, 11 months ago
having no security is probably not a good idea. gives cops leaverage to hassle. if anything have a few people you know "act" as security to keep things kewl. but obviously not the kind of "security" thats out to screw anyone over.

other than that, i think its a genius idea, i been talkin with friends bout doin something like this for years, but everyone puss;'s out when it comess to raising the money. takes a lot of planning and a lot of money. but it is a great dream

if this does end up being serious, i could probably raise 2 grand EASY for the west coast.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by GratefulDeadhead.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#72992 2 years, 11 months ago
I'd put down $500, probably even more if it was close by. Hell, I'd even do security for everyone. Just give me a machine gun and an army of drunken midgets and it's freaking party time baby!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#73019 2 years, 11 months ago
captaintony wrote:
I'd put down $500, probably even more if it was close by. Hell, I'd even do security for everyone. Just give me a machine gun and an army of drunken midgets and it's freaking party time baby!

It goes without saying that there must be midget tranny hookers, or it ain't no party, it ain't no disco, it ain't no fooling around!
Without love day to day insanity's king
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#73310 2 years, 11 months ago
captaintony wrote:
now were talking heck we can get some strippers and raise the cash in no time
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#73316 2 years, 11 months ago
i'd put down whatever spare cash i had at that point in time...private show with furthur? not realistic but it wouldn't get any better than that these days
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds