• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Interesting point of veiw

#71766 2 years, 11 months ago
I've seen them both. Jerry is far better guitar player in all directions of playing. I think you guys need to listen to more jgb. JK is doing a fine job though. When I'm seeing JK live and he's playing a Jerry tune, Jerry is still speaking to me. I guess I'm stuck like that cause I've been listing to Jerry for so long. Nobody plays a lick like Jerry. Nobody
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#71878 2 years, 11 months ago
I hope your friend realizes that JK would not speak to him the way he did if he were not channeling Jerry. JK plays the way he does because Jerry spoke to him. I guess it makes sense that a teenager would relate to someone he could see live versus someone he could only hear on a recording. but when he's hearing JK, he's hearing Jerry. Not note for note, but certainly in spirit. Without Jerry, JK wouldn't sound like he does and he wouldn't be singing those songs.
And I say that as a fan of JK's and with all due respect to him.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#71883 2 years, 11 months ago
I understand where your coming from. I feel similarly about JK and DSO, as a younger fan they have brought the music to me and given me great experiences. They are special to me in their own way.

THAT BEING SAID,

I don't think its fair to say JK is no Jerry and Jerry is no JK.
Truth is JK plays in the style of Jerry. Yea he brings his own style to it too, but Jerry basically invented his that "Dead" style of guitar playing that JK learned from.
ALSO, JK isn't a song writer at all. All those Jerry ballads?? come on, JK is no Jerry. JK would probably tell you the same thing.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds