• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

Interesting point of veiw

#71727 3 years ago
my buddy and i were talking and here is what he had to say

(it should be known neither of us saw jerry, he is 19 im 20)

"honestly, JK means more and speaks more to me than Jerry ever could. Now, im not arguing that JK is a better guitarist or even a better vocalist than Jerry but i have been there to watch him play and he speaks to me. JK is no Jerry, but Jerry is no JK."

I was flabergasted at first but the more i thought about it the more it made perfect sense.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Interesting point of veiw

#71737 3 years ago
You can't understand what it's like to have experienced Jerry if you never did, so what your friend said makes sense (to people who have never seen Jerry.)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#71739 3 years ago
My apologies now but LOL... the only way JK would or could ever be better than Jerry is in Bizzaro world...

but you guys are young...at least you enjoy the music now...but make no mistake.. without Jerry, JK would not be...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, funky420, katie mae
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#71743 3 years ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
My apologies now but LOL... the only way JK would or could ever be better than Jerry is in Bizzaro world...

but you guys are young...at least you enjoy the music now...but make no mistake.. without Jerry, JK would not be...

well aware. thank you though.
katie mae
Junior Boarder

#71747 3 years ago
If your friend had been able to experience Jerry, he would never have said that. He might need his hearing checked out by a medical professional.

I find topics like this stupid and disrespectful. You cannot compare Jerry to anyone, it's as simple as that.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by katie mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#71750 3 years ago
I find deader than thou types stupid and disrespectful. I've seen Jerry btw.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder

#71751 3 years ago
well katie no need to put a downer on it and he is entitled to his own opinion without a doctors interference. He wasnt saying JK is better he was saying JK speaks to him more because hes not a legend. JK isnt refered to as almost an omnipotent god-like human like Jerry. Jerry to me is an absolute legend and i would give an arm and a leg to see him at least once. Unfortunately time travel is not yet possible. I have only heard JK singing for Jerry so therefore JK has spoke to me more than Jerry.

once again not my argument my friends who is not a member on this board and i really wanted to bring this one up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#71755 3 years ago
I can appreciate your here and now, in the moment feeling if that's what you were going for. Someone you can see and interact with sometimes seems like a more real proposition than a dead person whom people speak emphatically and blissfully on. When someone becomes a legend in their own right and you never get to see them as real person it can be daunting to absorb all that history. If you can't touch it can it really be as good as everyone says? My feeling is probably!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ICantFindMyFace
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#71757 3 years ago
ICantFindMyFace wrote:
well katie no need to put a downer on it and he is entitled to his own opinion without a doctors interference. He wasnt saying JK is better he was saying JK speaks to him more because hes not a legend. JK isnt refered to as almost an omnipotent god-like human like Jerry. Jerry to me is an absolute legend and i would give an arm and a leg to see him at least once. Unfortunately time travel is not yet possible. I have only heard JK singing for Jerry so therefore JK has spoke to me more than Jerry.

once again not my argument my friends who is not a member on this board and i really wanted to bring this one up.

--we must have been typing these responses at the same time! how serendipitous!---
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#71761 3 years ago
JK is an excellent player and he upholds and expands the tradition admirably. But Jerry invented it.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shakeit, funky420
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds