• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Re: Saving seats at a show...

#71855 2 years, 10 months ago
Its cool, this thread is getting out of hand, I hope i'm not adding to he negativity, if i did i'm sorry. Can't we all just get along? Some people are seat savers, theirs nothing we can do about it.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#71940 2 years, 10 months ago
seems to me the problem is the tarps i think if ya dont like em (i dont) we should complain to red rocks management and let the venue decide what the policy should be ,because it sounds like fights are going to start taking place and that would be totally lame its FURTHUR not OZZFEST
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#71946 2 years, 10 months ago
There is a difference between seat savers and partial row savers. The row savers are bending the GA concept. The seat saver is common courtesy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornjulio, funky420, 23atwell
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#71973 2 years, 10 months ago
Stormcrow wrote:
" So if you got anymore to say I will be the one in the front of the line at nye. You know what I look like."

100% BADASS!!!!
Guess we all better watch our step on NYE! lol!

seriously all these kind of comments are just making the negativity on this board spread whether or not you agree with him, there is no gain in instigating this further really he wants to drop it so why doesnt everyone else god damn, yall
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by BigBabyViper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, 23atwell
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#71987 2 years, 10 months ago
Here's a clue: the real douchebag behavior? Judging people.

And don't save seats at a GA show for anyone but your S.O. or bro/sis.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#72134 2 years, 10 months ago
This thread is funny as hell. Thank you all for the entertainment.

deadontherivet wrote:
It is as dumb to give someone a hard time for wearing a hat as it would be me to hate someone for wearing jean shorts.

I wear jean shorts. You got a problem with that bitch?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#72181 2 years, 10 months ago
In general the frustration grows because people abuse the system. There should be some basic rules, not sure what they should be, but I would think something along the lines of:

20 minutes after the doors open, there should be one person present in the group for every seat saved. So after the doors have been opened, 4 people from you group should be there. Take turns walking around. If that's not the case, ushers should allow folks looking for seats to take them.

Honestly, as the gut that would often be saving the seats, this would be a good rule. There's always someone in the group pushing the limits. In the late days of the Dead, I started telling my friends they were first come first served, so I could get off duty. It was amazing how much faster certain folks got inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#72223 2 years, 10 months ago
The whole idea of a GA show is that it is democratic. Meaning if you want good seats, then you get up early, wait in line and when the doors open YOU get the seats that you want. How is it fair if one person does this, but saves 8 seats? I had this prob At Red Rocks. I waited in line from noon on and was very close to the front of my line, but when i got to where i wanted to go, people had spread out tarps for "imaginary friends" who were nowhere to be seen. I was very lucky, people made a place for me and I didn't even have to beg or argue, but I know this isn't always the case. I say it's one seat per body initially, and then you can save if people want to go get food or whatever.

BTW, I am still coming down from those shows ~ my mind was completely blown out into the stratosphere.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#72233 2 years, 10 months ago
I personally don't give a hoot where I stand but I agree, finding space at some GA shows can be annoying. But the shows always put me in a good mood, so I'm able to shake off most crap.

If you are saving seats attitude goes a long way. If someone tells me they're saving a couple of seats for newlyweds I would feel differently than if they saved the whole row and were nasty about it. A smile can go a long way. And I find MOST people at shows are not dicks and are not looking for trouble.

I love when I sit in the bob uecker seats (the upper deck)s and the usher or people ask me to move cause I am in someone elses seat. Funny stuff.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#72240 2 years, 10 months ago
some bozo tried to lay out three blankets at red rocks and had the nerve to tell me to move after i stood inline for a while after getting scalped 200 for a ticket... yikes but even if i had to pay 10 grand to see a show i would feel like i spent every penny well. no regrets so dont talk shit on me for it like alot of peeps have. but anyway he told me to move and i told him to fuck off. his wife laughed at him lol it was great
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds