Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Saving seats at a show...

#71732 3 years ago
spring mountain high wrote:
your girl's got a dope flat brim, yo

Word to ya mutha.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#71756 3 years ago
She said thanks about the hat. She bought it inside the venue. It's made by rise.

Let me get this straight like I said. We had 8 seats. When I got to the seats I saved them. Cause I ran to the seats cause I knew where I was going due to the night before. I got the eight and behind me about 5 minutes later my brother and two others found me. Then the other four got some drinks and looked around. So this guy came into the seats and told them they were saved. I was very nice as always. He just didn't want to except it. We stayed in line since 11 am. These people looking at my seats came in way after me. Like someone said there is a breaking point. Don't get in my face and disrespect me. I'm the nicest guy at a show. I'm sorry you got there late. So 4 seats are taken up and the other four are empty cause people are shopping inside the venue. Am I really wrong for saving. Hell no. This won't happen again cause I hate going with to many people anyways.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#71767 3 years ago
23atwell wrote:
Like someone said there is a breaking point. Don't get in my face and disrespect me.

Or what? You'll fight them? Over a seat a FURTHUR(!) show?!?!?!?!? You sound like a fucking jerk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#71771 3 years ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
I truely appreciate when someone saves a seat for me, or invites me down.. I have done the same for others...but had this been me and you said this: "Finally I said get the fuck out of here or else there's going to be problems." I would have triple dog dared you to do something...where do you get off talking to people like that?

Agreed. If a couple flat-brimmers started talking shit like that to me I wouldn't stand for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#71772 3 years ago
I think at least half of your party should have to be there to save seats. So if you are saving 8 seats, 4 of you must be there. The RR thing where one person tarps off an area for 10 people and they stroll in at show time is ridiculous. I even heard some guy say he PAID someone to go in early to save seats for them. Now I'm all for free enterprise but that crosses the line.

At Monterey, 2 friends got in right when the gates opened Saturday and saved a box for 12 of us but we were all waiting in line not too far behind them. But at the break, all but 3 went to roam around, get food/drinks, whatever and new people came in so the 2nd set was a bit squished. All worked out fine and met some new friends!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#71778 3 years ago
ColoradoRain wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
I truely appreciate when someone saves a seat for me, or invites me down.. I have done the same for others...but had this been me and you said this: "Finally I said get the fuck out of here or else there's going to be problems." I would have triple dog dared you to do something...where do you get off talking to people like that?

Agreed. If a couple flat-brimmers started talking shit like that to me I wouldn't stand for it.

He started it. Don't you see that. I was minding my own business. My seats I saved. He didn't want to leave. And no I wouldn't ever hit somebody first that's not me. The problem would start when my friends come back and huge argument breaks out and the show is ruined. If a couple of flat brimmers starting talking shit, this guy got pissed first. Am I suppose to just say ok go ahead take our seats. Hell no
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#71781 3 years ago
you know maybe it was a little much to get upset like that but cmon guys all "flat brimmers" arent bad conflict is a part of life but it seems alot of you have pre conceived ideas about a person with a certain clothing style and thats not ok. maybe you have seen things that upset you from "flat brimmers" but you know alot of the snooty im better then you attitude is from classic hippy clothing style wearing people that ive seen and it goes both ways dont get me wrong but we are all the same community we take the good with the bad and i guess im a "flat brimmer" and i dont think many would meet me and not think im a kind person most all the time so coloradorain i dont know you so this isnt necessarily directed at you but your comment did make me ramble just a bit just sayin
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#71784 3 years ago
Fair enough, I shouldn't generalize. I know a couple friendly flat brimmers too, it's just kind of rare.

He seemed to have a pretty aggressive attitude in that first post though.

Also, I heard flat brims are more common in Cali because of the whole rap thing. Probably more normal there, but here you typically want to avoid them.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ColoradoRain.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#71786 3 years ago
23atwell wrote:
ColoradoRain wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:

He started it. Don't you see that. I was minding my own business. My seats I saved. He didn't want to leave. And no I wouldn't ever hit somebody first that's not me. The problem would start when my friends come back and huge argument breaks out and the show is ruined. If a couple of flat brimmers starting talking shit, this guy got pissed first. Am I suppose to just say ok go ahead take our seats. Hell no

youre making yourself seem more like the dick people are assuming you are by the story you are telling
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds