• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

Re: Saving seats at a show...

#71571 2 years, 11 months ago
I was saving a few seats at DISNEYLAND once for my inlaws and my wife grandmother to watch the festival of lights parade and I practically had to box this dude so that they would be there when they came back from food/restroom.

And that's the "happiest place on earth" so WTF!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#71572 2 years, 11 months ago
you can only save your own seat by sitting in it and maybe one more for someone who is with you but at the bathroom or concession as for GA there is no reserved seats at all so tough luck as for the tarp thing i think the staff should make people remove them thats BS to the tenth degree.what next? i bring a 20x30 tarp to hold space for the bus load of people?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie, funky420, Dire Wolf
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#71606 2 years, 11 months ago
its one thing when your friends are in the venue but custie shopping out in the vendors while someone saves a row of seats is kinda on the lame side. I have to side with the guy and his wife, who knows maybe they would have been better friends than the ones who sent you in the fight the masses to save them seats. although on the east coast i feel like that would be unacceptable the west coast show goers always seem more possessive over their space. just an observation, nye ever year since furthur started them has been full of people who cover seats in jackets and blankets on the balcony while their friends are no where to be seen for the majority of the show if at all. sucks when its first come first serve and people dont know how to share...it can bring out the worst in all parties involved
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Dire Wolf.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#71626 2 years, 11 months ago
I truely appreciate when someone saves a seat for me, or invites me down.. I have done the same for others...but had this been me and you said this: "Finally I said get the fuck out of here or else there's going to be problems." I would have triple dog dared you to do something...where do you get off talking to people like that?
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#71633 2 years, 11 months ago
You go girl. Tell 'em how it's gonna be. I have already chimed in on saving seats before Red Rocks. While in Rome.......
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#71635 2 years, 11 months ago
if it's all GA - there is no saving seats. if your friends want a specific seat they should stay in it all night.

While there is a level of respect that needs to come from both sides - I feel "saving seats" is just a form of entitlement/possession unless a ticket goes to a seat - then one is obviously entitled.

on the other side - I don't like being crowded so I try to not crowd others/go where there are already too many people.
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#71637 2 years, 11 months ago
I dunno about the venues a lot of you see stuff at, but I grew up at red rocks. Good for you man, I would have been pissed too. People think that they can just start walking along to the front, and set up shop where they want.

As someone who is only 5'7", I am fucked if someone is in front of me that is much taller. It sucks to pay a lot of money, have someone screw your view, they pull a "saving seats doesn't work man, we stand wherever we want", then I have to go look for a new seats (can't find one, they are all full or people who are arguing I'm in front of them), so I end up on the side of the venue, in a colder spot with way less vibes where I can't see a single fucking light.

No. I got here early. I took the time to get seats. You don't just get to stand in front of me and block my view that I payed 60 dollars, showed up early, got water, and planned for just so you can see a little better. Get here earlier then. Or get in the row behind me and see if they won't argue with you.

Eight is a lot though, so I would keep that into consideration. Also, 8 people in a group can take up a PRETTY small space (like for 4-6 people) to help be respectful, which is much nicer for others around (as long as you don't talk up a storm ) I think it is really nice of you to allow the seats to be used if they aren't there by show time.

I honestly don't go to RR shows anymore unless it's reserved.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by terrapin_blue.
tumbleweed
Junior Boarder

#71638 2 years, 11 months ago
Shakeit wrote:
You don't necessarily have to be right up front to get the full experience. I generally find that a lot of people up front at G.A. shows are assholes their so protective of there space and push and shovey. I avoid that area and opt for the dancing space. But hey some people like a good view of the band i can appreciate that

With ya on this point. I'm usually abandoned by my crew, who like to be up front for the view.
I'm a dancer at shows and even a blind gal knows when the sun is shining, so I just find space at the back where there's room to shake it. At 5'2", I'm not seeing much no matter where I am anyway.

My gripe is when I'm on the floor people see my area as a gap in the crowd so I'm always knocked around by people pushing on and off the floor. I'm like an Apalachin Trail marker.
this is the season of what now
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#71650 2 years, 11 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
I truely appreciate when someone saves a seat for me, or invites me down.. I have done the same for others...but had this been me and you said this: "Finally I said get the fuck out of here or else there's going to be problems." I would have triple dog dared you to do something..[b].where do you get off talking to people like that?
[/b]

Exactly. You sound like a real jerk 23atwell.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#71655 2 years, 11 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Well this guys and his lady went to my seats and I told him real nice these are saved. He said where are they. I said there looking at vendors and just out looking at stuff. This guy got so upset that I thought that it was going to get out of control.

He tried being nice and the guy got upset. I don't know what the guy said, but everyone has their breaking point. Btw, I'm against one person saving a lot of seats. I'd say it's ok for one person to save one or two seats.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds