• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Saving seats at a show...

#71519 2 years, 11 months ago
In Monterey I was in the front of the line, well pretty close. When they opened up the gates I ran as fast I could to the seats and grabbed 8 seats for me and my friends. Well about 20 minutes in, I stayed at my seats cause I know how people get I guard them with my life. Well this guys and his lady went to my seats and I told him real nice these are saved. He said where are they. I said there looking at vendors and just out looking at stuff. This guy got so upset that I thought that it was going to get out of control. Finally I said get the fuck out of here or else there's going to be problems.

I mean come on. I stayed early in line, ran fast for my seats. Why argue. I felt bad cause I know how frustrating it can be. For me it's critical and is no game intil I get my seats. I need a good seat so I can feel all that energy.

Anybody have seat experiences.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

Re: Saving seats at a show...

#71525 2 years, 11 months ago
And I loved my seats here in Monterey. I got to hang m
photo-4.JPG

y blanket below us.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#71527 2 years, 11 months ago
I personally don't like the idea of saving seats. If you can't wait in line for your own seats then you sit where you are able to.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: skyties, Dire Wolf
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#71529 2 years, 11 months ago
funky420 wrote:
I personally don't like the idea of saving seats. If you can't wait in line for your own seats then you sit where you are able to.

I feel the same way - no offense meant - enless you go to your seats and then the seats are saved so people could use the bathroom or get food or whatever. I think its rediculous from the videos ive seen at red rocks where 1 person just runs in and saves a spot for 10 with a tarp while the rest are in the lot partying still.... just my 2 cents
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishqueenie, funky420, Dire Wolf, amusingdeva
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#71530 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree. There was three of us out of eight in the seats most of the time. But there was so much shopping going on and food that not everybody wanted to sit. So I had to secure. I always tell people if there not here at show time then go for it.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#71538 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
funky420 wrote:

I feel the same way - no offense meant - enless you go to your seats and then the seats are saved so people could use the bathroom or get food or whatever. I think its rediculous from the videos ive seen at red rocks where 1 person just runs in and saves a spot for 10 with a tarp while the rest are in the lot partying still.... just my 2 cents

I was at RR last year and dealt with that.
The voices tell me what to say
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#71551 2 years, 11 months ago
tarping at red rocks is somehow a thing id on't know, i don't like the idea of it but if you can't beat em, join em...i tarped this year and had excellent spots...

but to save 8 seats is really too for actual seating...throwing down blanets on some benches or the ground is a little different.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#71559 2 years, 11 months ago
You can't save a GA seat, it's GA and if it's not taken it's yours!! At RR a guy got mad at me for taking one of his seats I told him it was GA, he wasn't too happy but they are GA and that means you can sit anywhere you want!! Buy a reserved ticket if you want a seat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, ruby_claire, irishqueenie, funky420
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#71561 2 years, 11 months ago
You don't necessarily have to be right up front to get the full experience. I generally find that a lot of people up front at G.A. shows are assholes their so protective of there space and push and shovey. I avoid that area and opt for the dancing space. But hey some people like a good view of the band i can appreciate that
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Shakeit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, 23atwell, tumbleweed
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#71564 2 years, 11 months ago
Well it wasn't exactly in the front but it was in the middle.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds