• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: The 12 Tribes and Grateful Dead connection.

#71541 2 years, 10 months ago
back in Orlando, '93, I was traveling with a really super cool couple (I didn't know them... just hitched a ride and became friends). She was not doing well psychologically and touring cross country made her seeing bugs and shit.... it was pretty sad, actually. WE were camping at that farm they used to exist back then, this is the night they canceled the ordlando show. Me and the male went for a walk to check out the scene, leaving the GF behind at his vw bus. When we got back, there were two of the guys were there, playing their guitars anddogin a very well polished, very comforting song that it was clear they used to lure people into their cult. And it was working. So we hung back for a little bit, she didn't see us, as we watched these guys in action. And when it looked like they were getting her, my travelling companion basically walked into the middle of it all, cut them off and made sure they knew to get the hell out.

It was freaky shit man. Cult mind melt in action. Before that I looked at them as benign acid freaks. Now I know better.

I think the dead would rather just wish they dissappear. The cult probably on paper has no funds, and do it in such a way that it would be more of a headache then anything. But that's my guess. I have a hard time thinking they are not aware of a cult, about parents calling the dead up saying "my son joined a cut and I blame you" kind of yadda-yadda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#71543 2 years, 10 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i just watched that vid. and am offended as a nonproaticing jew by that fake ass yidish music. im not evne sure if im jewish, but im offended on behalf of jews everywhere.
i have seen that bus at earthdance and other festies.
they look for "lost souls" or runaways or young adults that are confused, jobless usually, homeless usually, and they prey on these people, to convert them to their vampiric beliefs.
jesus i hate to see religious nuts at shows.

And those lost souls having rich parents or a trust.... paydirt!
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#71553 2 years, 10 months ago
ColoradoRain wrote:

I think thats the intro to Curb Your Enthusiasm. They fed me a burrito once in NC on ratdog tour...i was starving and it was heady organic dank food. But they were a bit weird and reminded me of the Amish a little. I always like the connection between Israel and the Dead. They didnt seem like those cults in the west that make the girls marry old scary men who have like 10 wives....thats freaky and weird. I like your comment on yiddish dancing illuminaughty...that was funny !! OI VAY !! "She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes, and i knew without askin she was into the gefeltafish !"
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#71575 2 years, 10 months ago
bad news stay the hell away from them
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#71609 2 years, 10 months ago
I watched two minutes of that video (it's all I could stand.) That music is so obnoxious. They're obviously not Deadheads since they're horrible dancers. Cults suck, even the ones that are just an excuse to have orgies.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds