• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
spaceman_spliff
Fresh Boarder

The 12 Tribes and Grateful Dead connection.

#71484 3 years ago
Does the 12 Tribes need to get permission from the Grateful Dead to use GD imagery on their publications? Pictures of the band, dancing bears, ticket stub appear on the cover of a paper grabbed from their Mate Factor location in Ithaca.

Just curious.

Attachment 12tribesfront.jpg not found

spaceman_spliff
Fresh Boarder

Re: The 12 Tribes and Grateful Dead connection.

#71485 3 years ago

Attachment 12tribesfront.jpg not found

ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

#71496 3 years ago
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#71500 3 years ago
I bet the dead stay as far away as possible as they can and just ignore them completely. My advice.... you do the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#71505 3 years ago
i know for a fact that none of the members of the dead know shit about the twelve tribes using their imagery, i bet they would have a lawyer politly ask them to stop. if i had copys of anything that "the 12 tribes" had that contained copyrighted material, id post it on here, and let like the admin. know. i dont think the boys really mind like cover bands or small festies using GD related imagery, they probablly arent happy about it but,, woulld get a laywer, but a cult usin their images to fuck with kids on drugs AT their shows? id get a lawyer if i were them. if you ever see these guys in the lot, know that they are not chrristians in any normal sense, they are a cult, and stay the fuk away, i would wake up in jail, than wake up on THAT bus.
i mean it, these peopple will totally mind fuk you. stay awayy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsJimp
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#71506 3 years ago
i just watched that vid. and am offended as a nonproaticing jew by that fake ass yidish music. im not evne sure if im jewish, but im offended on behalf of jews everywhere.
i have seen that bus at earthdance and other festies.
they look for "lost souls" or runaways or young adults that are confused, jobless usually, homeless usually, and they prey on these people, to convert them to their vampiric beliefs.
jesus i hate to see religious nuts at shows.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#71508 3 years ago
There is a reason that my log on at the philzone is xtt1 . It is to remind me everytime I log in that X is the way it will stay. These fools have always used GD images in their advertising. Only thing I will say is DONT BUY INTO IT. If you want to learn Isreali folk dance that badly I am sure that there are other avenues for you to take.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#71511 3 years ago
There are several other reasons to stay away from the TT. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer in PM to go point by point. If you are buying from them or doing business with them you are supporting slave labor and not like Mc Donalds slave labor. REAL THEY DONT GET PAID slave labor. All money made at their places of business goes to support "the community". This does not mean the surrounding community either, this means Youneq the super prophet and his followers.
spaceman_spliff
Fresh Boarder

#71515 3 years ago
I tried to upload an image of the front cover of the paper we picked up. I'm not doing it right, or the image is too large to be uploaded here.

We just popped into their shop to pick up some pamphlets for a friend that is doing research on cults.

We know about these folks and stay away from them.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#71523 3 years ago
Good that you know to stay away from them.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds