• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: If you never saw the Grateful Dead

#71598 2 years, 10 months ago
It doesn't matter how old you are or how many shows you've been to or whether or not you saw Jerry. If you love the music of the Grateful Dead you're a Deadhead. If you get it...YOU GET IT!!! And I hate the name FurthurFace. Please don't ever use it again. You're a Deadhead.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#71600 2 years, 10 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Seeing the Grateful Dead isn't the measure of a Deadhead. Listening to the Grateful Dead is.

I'd say that, and then having a strong emotional reaction to it when listening to the music.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#71604 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Seeing the Grateful Dead isn't the measure of a Deadhead. Listening to the Grateful Dead is.

I'd say that, and then having a strong emotional reaction to it when listening to the music.

Unless, of course, the song is "Money,Money" or "France"

Then it's debatable.

skyties
Junior Boarder

#71649 2 years, 10 months ago
then you really missed some good shows, but thanks for being here now!
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#71654 2 years, 10 months ago
I really think it comes down to either you " get it" or not. If you get it you are a deadhead. It changes things where a song is not just a song or a lyric is not just a lyric. When I see or hear anything connected with the dead in my day to day it raises the seratonin level in my body and brightens my day!
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#71718 2 years, 10 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
It doesn't matter how old you are or how many shows you've been to or whether or not you saw Jerry. If you love the music of the Grateful Dead you're a Deadhead. If you get it...YOU GET IT!!! And I hate the name FurthurFace. Please don't ever use it again. You're a Deadhead.

man i thought that was clever as hell haha but you got it.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#71723 2 years, 10 months ago
Chester wrote:
Of course. It's about love of the music. And the scene. And trying to see it played live any way you can.

yep, what Chester said.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#71794 2 years, 10 months ago
Island Head wrote:
In 1978 I started listening to live GD tapes, I was 12 years old. I considered myself a Dead Head long before my Mom let me go to my first show in 1983. After Jerry died I resigned from being a Dead Head but Furthur has brought me out retirement.
If you love the music you are a Dead Head.
My dad bought me 5 dollars tickets to Phila Civic Center Wall of Sound.......been in love ever since!
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#71816 2 years, 10 months ago
I saw them plenty of times, and yes u can be a Deadhead. There are kids on lot who weren't even born when Jerry passed and are amazing parts of the scene. It's all about of love of the music, culture, and family.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#72202 2 years, 10 months ago

Attachment C:\fakepath\Farm Lake and Furhtur 025.JPG not found

You know you're DH or a FF if you find yourself jonesin' for the music and the scene and when you get back to the show and the smilin' peeps, you feel all good like you're back with you fam again.
Ran into a rainstorm, jumped back into a bar door. It's all night pourin', but not a drop on me. Test me test me, why don't you arrest me. Throw me in the jail house, until the sun goes down, till it goes down. I had to mooooo.....HA!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds