• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: Are they Heads?

#71536 2 years, 10 months ago
I agree with shroom. selling bunk is bad. They guy had it coming.

But maybe a slap in your face for spending $180 on 25 hits.... holy cow man! That's a lot for a quarter sheet.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#71539 2 years, 10 months ago
Glad your episode didn't attract the authorities.

You reap what you sew and Mr. Bunk A had his chance.

I bet he had trouble selling doses rest of tour with bruises all over his face.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#71540 2 years, 10 months ago
lostsailor wrote:

But maybe a slap in your face for spending $180 on 25 hits.... holy cow man! That's a lot for a quarter sheet.

Right! That was a sheet back in my day!
The voices tell me what to say
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#71547 2 years, 10 months ago
ICantFindMyFace wrote:
let it be known that i am not proud of this in the least, but it had to happen. Me and my buddy were walking down shakedown and our standard method is pick up a bunch of acid so we can make it last until the next show. There is a severe lack of acid dealers around my hometown. So we bought 25 off some random dude. we each ate two and went into the show. after the first set we realized that the stuff was bunk and we just spent 180 on it. we tried not to let it get us down and enjoy the rest of the show. after the show we went out and searched for the guy who sold it too us. Im not a fighter but get me mad enough and shit will happen...not to mention my buddy is a big ass motherfucker that i wouldnt fuck with. amazingly, we found the dude and decided to approach the situation giving him he benefit of the doubt, maybe he didnt know that acid was bunk. so after talking to him for a bit i politely asked for my money back in exchange for the remaining 21 tabs. I remember what he said vividly, "It didnt come with a receipt." this infuriated us and it quickly turned into a screaming match. next thing i remember is my friend nailing this dude in the face. he went down in one punch. he started to get up and my buddy nailed him again. then i said just give us back out money man we caught you selling bunk shit like what the fuck. after a few more shots he finally gave us back the 180. Looking back i feel terrible about the incident, one of those things that if you could go back in time youd change your reaction. If i had only bought one bunk tab it would have been fine but 25? no way not happening.

That's awesome. I would of got my money too.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#71585 2 years, 10 months ago
inge, (coulda been me X soaked brain") and spit it out....he was cool enough to let a try. We went to Denny's and scarfed. What the fuck!...i started seeing prisms over eggs! What I'm thinkin' now is that this sub-culture whoever they are, actually have the connect! They might have their in-fights, but they have someone dreamin' somewhere. That's all i ask of the lot scene....purity in all it's forms....community, Love, love of music, help, kick-downs whenever possible, love of oneanother....all the stuff that the Dead have preached through the years...basically, good old "are you kind?" Can't we get back to that? Or, is it still here in a different form?
My dog, he turned to me and he said....
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Bilbo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

#71613 2 years, 10 months ago
The only difference between a hippie and deadhead is that the deadhead will kick your ass. Don't know where that was from but always thought it was funny.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#71628 2 years, 10 months ago
I hate to say it but, I pity the fool that bunks me and I see him later. Especially right after that show.

The conversation would be something like "you're going to have to pay me back."

If the response was anything other than, "here's you're money", it would go downhill fast.

Maybe he got bunked and didn't know it. That happened to me, and I gave everyone their money back and apologized. So you have to ask first.

When the bullshit starts about receipts and all that, well, here's my perspective on that.

We all grow up with a very firm belief that you're not supposed to hit people. We've learned that from childhood. When I first started sparring, it took me a long time to get over that. A real long time, some people never do. It was in sport, both parties wished to spar and have contact, on mats at the school, with protective gear on, under supervision and instruction of the sensei. It was a year and a half to two years of that before I let myself be OK with hitting someone. Even after I had been whacked several times. Finally it just happened one day. I was sparring and I just said the heck with it, and started punching, kicking, throwing them to the ground, etc, and not feel guilty. We all whack each other and have a great repore. You take some shots, you give out some shots, everybody's happy.

There's a level of respect with the folks there that is quite uncommon, and I try to treat everyone I know that way as best as I can.

How this relates to this thread is this.

If you decide to sell bunk shit on the lot, you need to remember that karma is a bitch.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Ossumpei.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#71658 2 years, 10 months ago
I honestly haven't seen to many fights on lot at Furthur shows. I was at Panic Wednesday selling shirts for a buddy, and saw three fights in a couple hours. I wouldn't really call them fights though, morelike yelling and tickling matches. They were either over, money or women. Nothing to threatening, I walked right through the middle of one to get to a guy that was flagging me to look at a shirt.

As far as the bunk guy goes, he got what he deserved. If you u are going to be dumb enough to sell bunk stuff on lot, at least be smart enough to get out of there before they realize they got screwed. With the custy markup these days why even mess with bunk, when you can make a ton selling the real thing. The legal pe stirs are the same, and you won't have some pissed off people hunting you down after the show.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#71676 2 years, 10 months ago
if someone disrespects me or my friends while we are dancing or even worse one of our ladies. I wouldnt hesitate to knock someone out. i almost clocked some drunk local in montana for not leaving my girl alone and kept harrasing her so i told him to kick rocks before he gets his ass kicked. and he left lol

and yeah i feel you and those kids are usually the train hopping traveler kids who come to the shows because they are like oh snap GDs intown lets go get high for free cuz they are kind.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#71716 2 years, 10 months ago
lostsailor wrote:

maybe it is but where im from tabs are non-existent. and other people were saying two hundred (looking back maybe i should have paid two hundred) but i knew that was over priced. so i found 180 and was happy with it.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds