• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Are they Heads?

#71361 3 years ago
Don't know about you, but I'm not liking the violent "wookie?" types hangin' at some of the shows. The dudes at Monterey Fairgrounds pulling eachothers hair on the main drag? WTF? This kinda shit never used to happen back in the day and it looks really bad for the scene...minus Altamont which was different animal alltogether... If you get so fucked up that you get violent, move on suckers!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Bilbo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Are they Heads?

#71366 3 years ago
Even Heads can be assholes. Think of the ones who support themselves on tour by selling bunk acid, or the ones who sold counterfeit tickets back in the day. There are good Heads and bad Heads, and apparently Heads who fight like girls. Pulling hair? If I ever got in a fight with a wook the last thing I'd do is touch his nasty dreads. I'd pull out a can of deodorant and use it like mace.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#71387 3 years ago
I think that true "heads" are basically good folks who have learned from the "old days: and the "old ways". The "Creamery" movie shot in Eugene as a beneifit for Ken Kesey's brother's dairy back in like 1971 is a prime example. For all the people comin onto the scene, it would be a good watch. I think of true heads as being Kind, considerate, helpful and as people who show up for the MUSIC and the vibe. A true head would never knowingly sell bunk anything! Check out "The Creamery" on YT.
Peace. Your rain falls like crazy fingers, peals of fragile thunder, keeping time...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, scar1et_f1re
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#71419 3 years ago
There are good people and bad people. Always have been even "back in the day." Same can be said for deadheads.
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#71425 3 years ago
it seems to me most of the lot fights ive seen happen arent as much about being too intoxicated(although that does happen too) as much as people having beefs with each other outside of shows or on tour and when they see each other at a show shit goes down. and by beefs i mean people owing each other money or relationship drama which by no means is something i endorse but i know people that have fought over these reasons and they are great people and super kind but sometimes unfortunately peoples personal life drama spills over into a scene where they all frequent regularly
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#71443 3 years ago
At the Greek (Thurs) I was up in a remote corner dancing... not a person near me. I was very aware of people coming towards me and I'd completely get out of their way and step aside- not one beer was spilt from me.

Two guys come up in my dance space and proceed to have this long, very loud conversation. I politely asked them if they were going to talk, could the please move over there (And I pointed to where there was some other open space). The rough tuff cream puff of the two got in my face saying how dare I violate his freedom to talk after I have the nerve to dance in the aisle.

He was nasty and was really looking for a fight. What the fuck? His friend was clearly embarrassed. I'm tired of assholes who can't comprehend talking is bad... dancing is expected. To think I would have gotten into a brawl over his "freedom" to talk is just outrageous. And it is happening more and more. People think a concert is social time. (that happens at the tailgate, duh).

I don't know if I could have taken him (or both of them if the other got involved), but I've taken some Krav Maga.... I def would have pounced on his ass at least some before I got taken down. But why? It's a frgging dead (related) show for heaven's sake. Why all the anger? I just asked him to be quiet or move. I just had to walk away.... but assholes shouldnt' think that some older guy dancing is either tripped out or a hippy who won't fight back. Take a swing motherfucker... and look like an asshole.
The_Aviator
Fresh Boarder

#71467 3 years ago
I have never considered them heads. They are usually just there for the "party" (read:drugs). And they can't even use the drugs properly. I just try my best to avoid them.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#71475 3 years ago
I too came close to my first brawl this summer tour. Group of guys didn't care for me dancing near them and their crew so they got in my face (and in other peoples faces too). They told me in no uncertain terms to get away from them (like they owned the place). I walked away, there were plenty of other spaces, but I did get pissed the 4th night in a row when the guy basically spit in my face. Bunch of a-holes in my opinion, I was just there to dance and smile (and maybe sing off key -- but they were not taping the show)

I have never started a fight and I am glad I was not messed up enough to brawl with them. I walked away but if they did swing I think reflexes take over then.

But I will say I have been to over 200 shows since ~1982 and I have never seen anything like that. I THINK it was beer muscles or some other drugs (pcp?) and a group mentality. And they were bigger. They may enjoy the music but they reminded me more of the hells angels at Altamont then the peace loving hippies I enjoy hanging out with.

The funny thing is after being "banished" I ended up in a spot with a huge guy who was at least at some point in his life was clearly a tough biker guy - maybe even hells angel. A bit older (like myself). I offered him and his girl a few tokes and we hit it off. He was a real head in my book, super nice guy.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 3 years ago by scar1et_f1re.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#71481 3 years ago
let it be known that i am not proud of this in the least, but it had to happen. Me and my buddy were walking down shakedown and our standard method is pick up a bunch of acid so we can make it last until the next show. There is a severe lack of acid dealers around my hometown. So we bought 25 off some random dude. we each ate two and went into the show. after the first set we realized that the stuff was bunk and we just spent 180 on it. we tried not to let it get us down and enjoy the rest of the show. after the show we went out and searched for the guy who sold it too us. Im not a fighter but get me mad enough and shit will happen...not to mention my buddy is a big ass motherfucker that i wouldnt fuck with. amazingly, we found the dude and decided to approach the situation giving him he benefit of the doubt, maybe he didnt know that acid was bunk. so after talking to him for a bit i politely asked for my money back in exchange for the remaining 21 tabs. I remember what he said vividly, "It didnt come with a receipt." this infuriated us and it quickly turned into a screaming match. next thing i remember is my friend nailing this dude in the face. he went down in one punch. he started to get up and my buddy nailed him again. then i said just give us back out money man we caught you selling bunk shit like what the fuck. after a few more shots he finally gave us back the 180. Looking back i feel terrible about the incident, one of those things that if you could go back in time youd change your reaction. If i had only bought one bunk tab it would have been fine but 25? no way not happening.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#71490 3 years ago
ICantFindMyFace wrote:
let it be known that i am not proud of this in the least, but it had to happen. Me and my buddy were walking down shakedown and our standard method is pick up a bunch of acid so we can make it last until the next show. There is a severe lack of acid dealers around my hometown. So we bought 25 off some random dude. we each ate two and went into the show. after the first set we realized that the stuff was bunk and we just spent 180 on it. we tried not to let it get us down and enjoy the rest of the show. after the show we went out and searched for the guy who sold it too us. Im not a fighter but get me mad enough and shit will happen...not to mention my buddy is a big ass motherfucker that i wouldnt fuck with. amazingly, we found the dude and decided to approach the situation giving him he benefit of the doubt, maybe he didnt know that acid was bunk. so after talking to him for a bit i politely asked for my money back in exchange for the remaining 21 tabs. I remember what he said vividly, "It didnt come with a receipt." this infuriated us and it quickly turned into a screaming match. next thing i remember is my friend nailing this dude in the face. he went down in one punch. he started to get up and my buddy nailed him again. then i said just give us back out money man we caught you selling bunk shit like what the fuck. after a few more shots he finally gave us back the 180. Looking back i feel terrible about the incident, one of those things that if you could go back in time youd change your reaction. If i had only bought one bunk tab it would have been fine but 25? no way not happening.

why would you change your reaction if you could go back in time? no need to feel bad that guy deserved that shit, enless you got arested for assault theres no need to feel bad - especially if you approached the guy politley and he basically just said "fuck you" in different terms. Now I'm not a fighter myself and always try to avoid trouble - I'm not saying I would do that myself, I'm just saying you wern't wrong, the guy deserved it, no need to feel bad about it but I hear you cause I'd probably feel myself if I was in your shoes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ICantFindMyFace
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds