• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Do you think studio CDs are on their way out?

#71198 2 years, 9 months ago
Buddy made the comment spotify site
is the way to go, CDs are going to be a thing of the past cause of the Internet, you'll always need a place to burn em for later use though. Just wondering, cause it took me a long time to leave tapes long after CDs were out. I still have all my tapes cause alot of em were store bought and damn theres too much money in em to throw em out. Too many memories.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: Do you think studio CDs are on their way out?

#71199 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm a hoarder.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#71286 2 years, 9 months ago
i thnk the idea of goin to a store to buy cds is on the way out. i still think musicians will record in studios, but will release it digitially, or on vinyl.
i prefer the later.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#71293 2 years, 9 months ago
Seems to me that they could very well be, I just bought a new stereo for my truck and it has a usb port for a flashdrive. Don't have to worry about scratches or skips. Pretty cool.
The voices tell me what to say
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#71296 2 years, 9 months ago
Yes imo there out just hoping folks dont stop touring cus they can build a studio like tri and do them that way THAT WOULD SUCK!!!! Those flashdrives are the shiznitt 2
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#71465 2 years, 9 months ago
just look at apple mac book no cd/dvd drive they want you to buy ever thing digitally from i tunes and save it on Icloud ,theres similar stuff for PCS and laptops too def on the way out
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#71472 2 years, 9 months ago
I haven't used a cd in years. I use auxiliary for everything. Car, home, phone,everything. So yes I use my phone for storage, iPod, iPad, computer. So I can hook these up anywhere anytime. It's nice!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#71502 2 years, 9 months ago
i still prefer vinyl. i like real books too, not those kindal things.
digi is much more convient, but im a fan of antiquatied media. there was something reassuring about the "good ol days" when you had to knwo a taper, or maybe the local head shop would have a list of show and would tape you them for free, or you swapped with buddies always careful to label the generations correctly. it was like being apart of a club. now you can download the soundboards from the band over the internet. its just different thats alll. im only 32, but i feel old with the world changing so fast. maybe im evolvinmg too slow.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#71576 2 years, 9 months ago
albums were good for seperating the seeds from the stash lost art
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#71605 2 years, 9 months ago
I hope CDs never disappear. I'm not into downloading music at all. With CDs you own something tangible - the CD, the case, the booklet insert. That stuff is important to me. What happens if your computer crashes or your iPod breaks? You're fucked. I love my CDs, sometimes more than life itself.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds