• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Final Road Trips Relase - Boston Music Hall 1976

#70926 2 years, 11 months ago
from dead.net; You can listen to the Cassidy, Scarlet and High Time here www.dead.net/listeningparty-v4n5?eml=dn/.../listeningpartyimage

edit: there is a kind eyes of the world streaming too, I have to see if that is instead of high time or in addition.

From Dead.net:
1976 was a pivotal year for the Grateful Dead. After an 18-month hiatus that saw just four Bay Area appearances by the band, but also a phenomenal studio album, Blues for Allah, and a slew of solo projects, the Dead returned to the road at the beginning of June '76. Mickey Hart was officially back in the fold after a long absence, and the band came back with a batch of new songs and fresh approaches to playing their old ones. It was the summer of America's much-ballyhooed bicentennial, the country was still going through Watergate withdrawal, and we needed our Grateful Dead back!

This latest - and last (more on that here) - edition of our Road Trips series, Vol. 4 No. 5, was drawn from two shows early on what was dubbed by many Heads at the time as the Dead's "comeback" tour. It contains the truly awe-inspiring complete June 9, 1976 Boston Music Hall show (just the third of the tour, but you'd never guess that), and also a handful of hot tracks from the June 12 show at the same venue. For a band that hadn't played together in eons, the Dead sound remarkably self-assured and on-the-ball throughout.

As with all the previous Road Trips releases, this final entry comes with a colorful booklet containing an essay and period photos. And needless to say, it has been mastered to HDCD specs by Jeffrey Norman.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

Re: Final Road Trips Relase - Boston Music Hall 1976

#70929 2 years, 11 months ago
Shame to see the Road Trips series end. I liked it.
All You Need
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#70933 2 years, 11 months ago
The Road Trips series is over, but they will be introducing a new Series of CD's. Why retire a cow that still has lots of milk to give.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#71021 2 years, 11 months ago
just preordered it.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#71048 2 years, 11 months ago
I bought the subscription last year. I'm basically interested in whatever they want to put out. Also like that Jam Of The Week feature.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#72311 2 years, 11 months ago
it's on gdradio right now - would of posted early but I just realized what it was that's playing - into the 2nd set now, sorry for the delay

www.gdradio.net
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MushroomMan.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds