• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
WorkingmansEd
Junior Boarder

Re: Summer Tour 2011 Predictons!!!

#7489 3 years, 4 months ago
MCU Park please. What a blast that weekend was, if anyone had a bad time at those shows I'd be surprised.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#7524 3 years, 4 months ago
Lowell , ma would be awsome there was something about that whole day that was so awsome .
everything was align right .
But please do more than one , cause one is just a tease .
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7530 3 years, 4 months ago
Lowell was a sweet show but they were not prepared for the traffic at all, I moved about a mile in an hour and a half going to park......and they had this big huge parking garage right near the place that wasn't even being used! what was up with that?

Everybody complains about tickets prices......I don't know many cheaper bands to see except maybe local or unknown ones, and considering the show these guys put on, there worth every penny I pay!

I paid under 100 bux for front row at Wallingford, any other popular band would of been 200+....

Also whos to say theres only doing long runs in small places?? ........incase nobody has been paying attention - every one of there tours is pretty damn different, the current one is mostly small venues while the last was big arenas and last summer was a good mix of ballpark and other outdoor venues.......

Why, or should I say HOW are you people complaining??? enless your out west or middle of country then I understand but come on, complaining about prices???

The way I see it......the cheaper the price, the more people you get at shows that don't care about the music!

I'd rather be surrounded by good vibes at the shows and people that don't talk through every quiet part then to have cheap tickets and be next to a bunch of people looking to get fucked up and not into the music.....

As always, I mean no offense to anybody with anything that I say...
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#7532 3 years, 4 months ago
Really,

Try living in the Pacific Northwest! Where we have to travel long distances for most shows.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#7659 3 years, 4 months ago
Well I thought today would finally be the day they announced some shows but nothing. What gives?
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#7676 3 years, 4 months ago
Not a good idea to release dates on April Fools.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#7681 3 years, 4 months ago
I like long runs at mellow outdoor venues, but I will be happy just knowing there are new shows , no matter what. )
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#7719 3 years, 4 months ago
Last year Eugene and Portland were sooo sweet. Eugene was a rain show, but nobody gave a fuk...we were all too blissed out and happy to have the band at this small, sweet venue. Pleez visit Eugene again Furthur....so nice and much Dead history there!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#7734 3 years, 4 months ago
PennsylvaniaPete wrote:
Not a good idea to release dates on April Fools.

Haha! Yeah, I guess you have a point there Pete!

Perhaps today???
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#7787 3 years, 4 months ago
>>>"the problem with the West is...it's the West. It's spread out, sparsely populated and tough to book gig"<<<<

Furthur (and previously Phil & Friends) are the ONLY band that don't do quality West Coast/SW tours... Ratdog did awesome tours west of Colorado! Check out WSP's summer tour: www.widespreadpanic.com/ontour.php

Even Phish spreads it out out here..

..and by the way, "Spread out" is a damn good thing.. These nightmare urban area shows just give me the concrete blues.. Gimme more shows surrounded by trees and up in the thin cool air of the mtns...

Just take a looks at Ratdogs last summer tour: ratdog.org/2009/setlists#0705
Great venues-
East: Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, NY, Penn., Georgia, Florida, N. Carolina, Hampton, CT.

West: Oregon(Jacksonville, Eugene), Seattle(WA), Spokane(WA), Missoula(MT), Boise(ID), SLC(UT), Colorado(Boulder, Denver), Las Vegas, San Diego, Greek(LA), Pozo(CA),

Then back east for a big run in NYC!

Now that is a killer tour!!!! Cover both coasts, a few mid-west, then a run in NYC to cap it off!! Everyone is happy

Who can argue with that.. ..and people still will say that Furthur can't fill places out west. BULLSH*T! Ratdog packed'm in.. When you put together nice tours it pulls people in. People will travel with the tour. The tour gains hype. Furthur never gives it a chance to get hyped up. Just a mess of shows in the NYC area and a few SUPER SPREAD OUT shows on the west coast that just don't make sense for travelers
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by johnnyhub.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#7813 3 years, 3 months ago
SPAC in July is Fine.
Chester
More or less in line

#7818 3 years, 3 months ago
As long as we all have a resonable shot at a show or two. I love summer tours. Best time of the year! : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds