Re: Summer Tour 2011 Predictons!!!

#7344 3 years, 6 months ago
furthur fest - laguna seca raceway
the faster we go, the rounder we get!
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#7354 3 years, 6 months ago
If they're only doing a two week tour, is it possible there'll be some Greek Berkeley shows? Since it's close to home....

Or perhaps a one-off run at The Gorge?!?!
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by SkiNose.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#7381 3 years, 6 months ago
I am hoping the Governor's Island rumor is true.

Still think the band should look into renting Brookhaven Amphitheater on Long Island. It hold 15k with the lawn, and I bet the town rents it for a song they are so broke. Nice place. New England folks could get there easily from the Bridgeport Ferry right by GOTV. Sounds like a good place for a gig just before or after the Vibes!
Attachments:
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#7386 3 years, 6 months ago
Im down with that idea man!
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#7388 3 years, 6 months ago
So many killer venues and states they have completely forgotten with their ridiculous $$$$ NY goggles....

New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Louisiana, Oregon, Washington State, B.C.... So many great summer venues to hit that they have dropped and replaced with 5 show runs in Urban NY..

Nothing but LAME!!!!!!!!!!

Furthur need to hire Ratdog's old tour manager, or WSP's.. They throw killer tours..

..sorry I keep negative ranting..... It's just I LOVE the music & shows they've been putting together. Their blowing minds again. Too bad it's so concentrated in such a dinky urban area.... Let's get this music up in the mountains and out in the forests out west!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by johnnyhub.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#7427 3 years, 6 months ago
johnnyhub wrote:
So many killer venues and states they have completely forgotten with their ridiculous $$$$ NY goggles....

New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Louisiana, Oregon, Washington State, B.C.... So many great summer venues to hit that they have dropped and replaced with 5 show runs in Urban NY..

Nothing but LAME!!!!!!!!!!

Furthur need to hire Ratdog's old tour manager, or WSP's.. They throw killer tours..

..sorry I keep negative ranting..... It's just I LOVE the music & shows they've been putting together. Their blowing minds again. Too bad it's so concentrated in such a dinky urban area.... Let's get this music up in the mountains and out in the forests out west!!!!

Yeah im all for shows in the states you mentioned.. I mean there are heads that live in these states also. Not just New York haha.

dont get me wrong i love going to NY for shows. But the congestion of the city is too much for myself. and also the state is just really costly to stay in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
Canyon Critter
Junior Boarder
Love is Real...Not Fade away....Golf Pro.

#7428 3 years, 6 months ago
3 Day Run at Alpine Valley, with special guest, Snoop Doggy Dog.
~~~♥♥♥♥~~~♥♪♫♪♫☮♥ I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water ♥☮ ♫♪♫♪♥~~~♥♥♥♥~~~
But then again....I'd rather be a kind lovin' hippy and listen to the best music possible!
kbsqd
Fresh Boarder

#7435 3 years, 6 months ago
Lets just be Grateful that they do tour. You never know when or where the bus will stop.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#7445 3 years, 6 months ago
Johnny, the problem with the West is...it's the West. It's spread out, sparsely populated and tough to book gigs that will sell well and be reasonably close together. Not to mention multi night runs.

Phil is 71 ya know.

Who knows, maybe they can play the Austin City Limits Fest in Sept and continue on from there to end in LA.
Chris Smith
Fresh Boarder

#7447 3 years, 6 months ago
I am really hoping that they will do Alpine Valley this year. They have not played alpine in a long time and it is hands down one of the best sounding aphitheaters in the US. Alpine deserves to be rocked by Further.
DarkEyes
Junior Boarder

#7488 3 years, 6 months ago
Gelston Castle in Mohawk was a blast last summer - great camping, great scene, lots of good vibes + beautiful views of Mohawk Valley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Goat
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds