• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Albany!!!

#70806 2 years, 6 months ago
Albany! whats fun to do in Albany before a show? Saw the Dead play there on one of the tours they did a few years ago before Furthur got togethher but didn't show up early enough to hangout in the city. So whats going on there?!?! Good beer anywhere, local breweries, food, hangout spots friendly to the Dead scene? Cheers!any suggestions?!

wasn't super impressed with state college at the deadheads for obama show anyway. sucks if you live in PA but save up some extra bucks and find some rideshares on the forum boards and get to the new show! ! i went to the stroudsbourg show after the vermont show was cancelled the other tour and it was one of the best decisions I made! though thankfully the albany venue holds more than 500 people!! replacement shows can be fun cause sometimes they bring out the heat to make up for the screw-up!
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Re: Albany!!!

#70823 2 years, 6 months ago
Albany is a pretty deadhead friendly place. Lark street is just a few blocks away, its sort of the hip street of the neighborhood, im sure itll be filled with deadheads the day of the show. also theirs a nice parking lot just a block away from the arena that is used for arena parking when needed, during the Dead 09 in Albany shakedown was pretty hopping here. I think it should be fun.

I hope ill be making this show, if not I won't get to any shows on this tour. The announcement of this show was a blessing and a curse for me. Its a backyard, hometown sort of show for me, but this time I really don't think I have the money to spend on it.
Thinking of selling some old guitar gear (1 classical guitar, and a couple of amps) to make up for it. But oh well, you might see me there with a sign that reads:

I NEED A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#70831 2 years, 6 months ago
This is GOOD NEWS for me. I am going to Syracuse, but this is now the closest show for me! And tix go on sale tomorrow, which is my BIRTHDAY! Thanks for a great BDAY present Furthur!!
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#70839 2 years, 6 months ago
I too feel bad for the people local to the state college and people with hotels etc. Personally I suppose I will swap my Pa college ticket for Albany; probably even saves me an hour or two driving each way, which I am indifferent about.

This MAY give me a chance to stay over at Beaverwood Farm again, I love camping there. Relaxes me big time. If that works out then from a personal perspective I am glad for the switch.

One thing I like, for some reason the cops in PA are attracted to me (for speeding - even if I am just going with the flow). In NY at least you can generally drive close to 70 MPH without getting a ticket.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#70861 2 years, 6 months ago
welcome to our city ahahha fun fun lots of bars on lark and on pearl street one thing is they dont take kindly to sleeping in the lot at shakedown , in 2009 the horses came in and moved everyone out .. I recomend trying to find a place out of downtown to park for the night lots of residential streets all around the city up near lark street the park etc ... lock up if that is the case though just an fyi .... low key late at night is best if you know what I mean .... can not wait to see them here my wish came true ...
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#70874 2 years, 6 months ago
Mail order starts TODAY.

This from Furthur.net:
"Due to unforeseen production complications at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA, Furthur's show on Tuesday, November 15 has been canceled. Furthur will be replacing this performance by adding a new show on the same date at the Times-Union Center in Albany, NY. The Times-Union Center has been home to epic shows in the past. Furthur are very excited to be appearing there on November 15."

State College money orders will be returned this week and credit card orders will not be charged.
Reserved tickets for The Times-Union Center in Albany, NY are $65.00 via credit card only. Our credit card form can be found on gdtstoo.com. The first send in dates for Albany, NY are today & tomorrow, October 11 & 12, 2011.

The crew of GDTS TOO

"While the firelight's aglow
strange shadows from the flames will grow
till things we've never seen
will seem familiar"

Robert Hunter
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Chester
More or less in line

#70877 2 years, 6 months ago
Albany is a lot of fun for a show. Lots of really nice little bars and restaurants right near the venue.
And you can expect a top notch shakedown.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#71071 2 years, 6 months ago
just cuttin time off my drive
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#71073 2 years, 6 months ago
Another Knick in the bedpost
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, wlewis
tumbleweed
Junior Boarder

#71120 2 years, 6 months ago
Shakeit wrote:
Albany is a pretty deadhead friendly place. Lark street is just a few blocks away, its sort of the hip street of the neighborhood, im sure itll be filled with deadheads the day of the show. also theirs a nice parking lot just a block away from the arena that is used for arena parking when needed, during the Dead 09 in Albany shakedown was pretty hopping here. I think it should be fun.

I hope ill be making this show, if not I won't get to any shows on this tour. The announcement of this show was a blessing and a curse for me. Its a backyard, hometown sort of show for me, but this time I really don't think I have the money to spend on it.
Thinking of selling some old guitar gear (1 classical guitar, and a couple of amps) to make up for it. But oh well, you might see me there with a sign that reads:

I NEED A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this email too and my mail order was out the door an hour late. However, gdtstoo site says "no mail order" for Albany. Concerned/confused. Anyone know what's what?
this is the season of what now
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds