• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Cancelling show bad rap for all.

#71095 2 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the board wheels 72.
There was no football game on this date and the center knew there was a basketball game mon And wed. It takes all of 5 hours to reconfigure the entire floor. Plus the Football crowd starts rolling in on thur with there R.Vs and camp out/tailgate till sunday and roll out. So shakedown would have been sweet
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by stricken.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#71096 2 years, 10 months ago
sorry to hear about the news for those who were planning to go especially for those who would have only been able to make this show on the november tour...not that this is the case but if furthur announced a show at my college, uncw, and then it got cancelled (seems like this was not furthur canceling it though) i would be very bummed..for college kids it can be hard to travel a ton during a semester with class attendance policies and papers and exams and whatnot so i can understand a lot of the frustration especially from PSU students who were planning on going to the show whether they be heads or not
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: The_Aviator
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#71097 2 years, 10 months ago
and i'm also going to have to say i enjoy shakedownsteve's humor not just with his gif on this thread but in general his post normally make me laugh very hard and for that i thank you
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShakedownSteve
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#71102 2 years, 10 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
hi there yes you can still see the video going down the road on the other ones web sight .when you get there scroll down the page to older news then click on all news scroll down to april 2009 and you will see New video from the dead going down the road it is our 15 min of awesomest fame we were tickeled pink !!!!

Thanks, nice video. Here's a link if anybody else cares to watch, and a few screen shots of the van and it's passenger.

www.otherones.net/news/33

FurthurvanGDTRFB.JPG

FurthurvanGDTRFB2.JPG

~may the four winds blow us all safely home
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
stricken
Gold Boarder

#71122 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for all who replied even the joker shakedown steve. gr8fuljen brother dust im thinking along your terms and others. I hate to report this but its confirmed that it was lack of ticket sales. It hurts to realize we are not 16,000 strong. Box office number 814 865 5555 or Lori Rigg at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it thats for anyone who doubts my stating this.
I dont think there was enough patience on the part of whomever pulled the plug on this show. I know for a fact there was a serious lack of promotion on the part of promoter. So i hope hes not in the mix at albany for the sake of those buying those tickets.
I guess i just wish the band or those responsible for the posting would be honest about the reason for not having the show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShakedownSteve
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#71143 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't want to hurt no one
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#71153 2 years, 10 months ago
yup that is us we will be right across from shake down in albany for the show sooo excited got floor for that one section 3 but hey it is all good gonna dance it out ahahahahha !!!!! see you all there or be circular !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#71155 2 years, 10 months ago
i find it so hard to believe that ticket sales destroyed this show...even uah albeit smaller sold almost no tickets the place was empty...oh well, get your fan base together central PA, see ya in smallbany
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#71157 2 years, 10 months ago
Brother Dust wrote:
They should have re-booked the show at a smaller venue and closer to State college for all those who already had tickets and made plans. Not every one out there can travel a few more hrs for the show.

the last time they canceled a show in vermont and moved it to a smaller venue in PA. Now they move from PA to a smaller venue in NY. I would say the universe is balancing itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#71161 2 years, 10 months ago
I had tix for that cancelled Vermont show. I was really bummed out when that show was cancelled, so I know how the PA fans are feeling.
On the bright side, I got 7th row tix this AM for the Knick, so kinda balances out my cancelled show last summer.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds