• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: Cancelling show bad rap for all.

#70939 2 years, 6 months ago
Welcome to the board aviator.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by stricken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The_Aviator
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#70945 2 years, 6 months ago
They should have re-booked the show at a smaller venue and closer to State college for all those who already had tickets and made plans. Not every one out there can travel a few more hrs for the show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, stricken, scar1et_f1re
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#70951 2 years, 6 months ago
They should of moved the Show to Cleveland. The dead used to give them 3-5 shows a year. Gratefulfest is up there, and it's only a few hours away from Piittsburg. Oh yeah and best of all i could of added another dare to my Fall tour. Lol
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
StuartSlate
Expert Boarder

#70977 2 years, 6 months ago
If the show was cancelled over poor advanced ticket sales then it is BS - IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stricken
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#70980 2 years, 6 months ago
I would LOVE to see Furthur come to Cleveland
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadontherivet
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#71028 2 years, 6 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
No one on this board, including myself, understands the logistics involved in planning and executing a tour of this scope. Granted, I would be pissed if I had tickets to a show that got canceled (it's happened to me with other artists.) But the fact remains they were able to reschedule someplace else, which was probably not an easy task to accomplish at this late date. Something many people forget is that many venues don't want a band like Furthur playing there because of the carnival-like atmosphere that follows the band around. So finding another place to accommodate them a month before the show was probably difficult at best. I'm sure local authorities need to do a lot of planning to handle a crowd of this size. As far as people thinking it had anything to do with greed, Phil and Bobby could do this entire tour for free and it wouldn't put a dent in their bank accounts. Those guys are definitely not in this for the money. That being said:
sucks10.gif

personally I love the attachment it made me laugh (LOL) literally
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShakedownSteve
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#71033 2 years, 6 months ago
I 2nd the lOl at steves attachment. Also I personally know he is a friend o the vendor. Good Family.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, ShakedownSteve
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#71070 2 years, 6 months ago
Personally I prefer the Knick. even though we are going to Columbus and the PS show would have been on the way, I am thrilled that they will be doing the Knick. We will go from there to Ohio and take our vacation. We did not buy tix for State College but the Knick, now that is something we will not overlook.{{{{{{{{{{{The Knick}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#71076 2 years, 6 months ago
i think it is strange many people are assuming it was low ticket sales for the show...are you trying to say your regional fans can't fill an arena? or are you mad whatever logistics did not work out..i read production complications from the bryce jordan arena..it's not like they didn't know what was coming beforehand..complaining about it will not change anything...TAKE IT IN STRIDE...like strider
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wheels72
Fresh Boarder

#71091 2 years, 6 months ago
There is a football game same date with 100,00 football fans there there would be no way they could control traffic of parking.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds