• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

OMSN In the Guinness book of records....

#70670 2 years, 11 months ago
How many times have the boys played one more saturday night every sat. night they have a gig.
Can they be put into the guinness book of records?.....are they already in there?
Is this a stupid thing to wonder?
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
pbutts
Fresh Boarder

Re: OMSN In the Guinness book of records....

#70725 2 years, 11 months ago
Here are the numbers from Setlist.com

Grateful Dead: 328 from Feb 1, 1971 to July 8, 1995
Ratdog: 172 from December 09, 1995 to October 24, 2009
Misc Solo Shows: 10 from March 11, 1978 to May 7, 2011
TOO: 11 from June 27, 1998 to November 30, 2002
The Dead: 13 from Jun 21, 2003 to May 9, 2009 ***this is actually 14, the setlist for 07/04/09 has "Saturday Night"
Furthur: 26 from September 19, 2009 to October 8, 2011

TOTAL=561

And here's the link, if Bobby wants to apply: www.guinnessworldrecords.com/how-to-apply/
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#70776 2 years, 11 months ago
Do it! Do it!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#70778 2 years, 11 months ago
i'm confused as to what it would be in there for?

cause me and my uncle, sugar mag, playin', the other one were all played more than 561 times just by the GD alone according to www.setlists.net/
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#70789 2 years, 11 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i'm confused as to what it would be in there for?

cause me and my uncle, sugar mag, playin', the other one were all played more than 561 times just by the GD alone according to www.setlists.net/

For playin one more sat. nite on sat nights
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony, doin_that_rag
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#70803 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm not sure what they would be in for.. Or how this applys to OMSN... Its funny how people forget how most all other bands operate.. Usually they play the same song every night... As a reference... I'm sure the allman brothers played whippin post twice as much as One more Saturday night
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#70836 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm fairly certain at one point (1987 or 1989 if I remember correctly) the gd broke the record for most shows at Madison Square garden. I think they had a banner put at the top of the arena along with some other MSG legends of basketball and hockey. I don't think that is worthy of Guiness book of world records though.

I THINK they beat Neil Diamond for the MSG concert record. I also think they may have subsequently lost the record.

It is a fact they have played at MSG a lot. The above is believed to be fact, but it is subject to my brain slippage after many years and not enough shows. (Can never get enough)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
katie mae
Junior Boarder

#70882 2 years, 11 months ago
DancingBear wrote:
How many times have the boys played one more saturday night every sat. night they have a gig.
Can they be put into the guinness book of records?.....are they already in there?

God, if I never hear this fukin song ever again it'll be too soon. If Jerry were still here Bobby would not be allowed to play this stupid song every damned Sat. night. I used to like it back in the day, when it wasn't a given on every single Sat. night show. It's no longer cool, groovy, cute, or anything else, it's just damned annoying and ruins the end of a perfectly good show with its obviousness. I mean really, give us anything but please don't be so predictable. I was tired of this tune when the GD were still around. Now? Every.Single.Saturday.Night Furthur will play this. It's just played out. Please, retire this song. We get it. It's Saturday night and the song is about Saturday night. We.Get.It.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#70893 2 years, 11 months ago
katie mae wrote:
DancingBear wrote:

God, if I never hear this fukin song ever again it'll be too soon. If Jerry were still here Bobby would not be allowed to play this stupid song every damned Sat. night. I used to like it back in the day, when it wasn't a given on every single Sat. night show. It's no longer cool, groovy, cute, or anything else, it's just damned annoying and ruins the end of a perfectly good show with its obviousness. I mean really, give us anything but please don't be so predictable. I was tired of this tune when the GD were still around. Now? Every.Single.Saturday.Night Furthur will play this. It's just played out. Please, retire this song. We get it. It's Saturday night and the song is about Saturday night. We.Get.It.

Or at least end the first set with it or slip it in BEFORE the encore.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#70963 2 years, 11 months ago
if I hear this song every saturday for every future show I ever go to, ill love it
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds