• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: PA state college

#70598 2 years, 11 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
If I had more money I'd be going to the midwest with my truck but I had to draw the line somewhere. I really wanted to at least do Columbus and then make it to the rock n roll hall of fame but theres no way I can swing it.

I think im thinking of the right state the hall of fame is in....

Yep, you've got it right. The Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, north of Columbus. Next tour we need a 2 or 3 night run in Cleveland, and that'll be within reach of the East Coasters and all the Great Lakers, so we'll have a big party!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by SunshineSue.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#70615 2 years, 11 months ago
Sucks for those planning on attending. My guess (and I said this when I first read this date) .. is that the promoter realized he was goin to take a bath- that place holds 16k and on a Tuesday night wasn't goin to near fill 1/2 the place ( and I'm sure the rent is exhorbitant). Personally this is my alma mater and it was killing me that I was going to have to miss this show. WITS
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#70628 2 years, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
My sympathies to all the Pennsylvania folks, that's got to be a heartbreaker!

But I say now you all should just head to Columbus or Indy instead!

too bad indy is on a monday i would love to see a show at a small theatre but oh well hopefully eventually i'll be able to make it to midwest or west coast shows instead of only east coast
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#70655 2 years, 11 months ago
I feel for all those planning on PA show but, Yippppeeee, I live in Albany ny.

Peace, Tim
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#70660 2 years, 11 months ago
I might do Columbus now, thinking about it but it would be a solo trip
The_Aviator
Fresh Boarder

#70689 2 years, 11 months ago
I am very disappointed that this show was cancelled. I was really looking forward to this because I have only seen Furthur one other time - All Good 2011 - and I feel like I didn't get a great experience because a lot of the people around me were complaining about some members of Furthur being jerks and it was overcrowded and other bad vibes...

I am a student here at Penn State and obviously this was convenient for me. And I can't make any other shows this tour because I don't have the money to take a bus and a lot interfere with important classes. I even arranged skipping out of my chemistry lab to see this. At least I have DSO coming here but I have seen them five times in the past couple of months and I was excited to see the "real deal" if you know what I mean. Hopefully I can catch them in a more intimate venue some other time. If they did cancel because of lack of ticket sales it is unfortunate because all of my friends and I were going to purchase our tickets later and I'm sure a lot of other people were going to as well.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a downer. I'd definitely be happy if I lived in NY. If you are going to the newly scheduled show have fun for me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#70736 2 years, 11 months ago
The_Aviator wrote:
I am very disappointed that this show was cancelled. I was really looking forward to this because I have only seen Furthur one other time - All Good 2011 - and I feel like I didn't get a great experience because a lot of the people around me were complaining about some members of Furthur being jerks and it was overcrowded and other bad vibes...

I am a student here at Penn State and obviously this was convenient for me. And I can't make any other shows this tour because I don't have the money to take a bus and a lot interfere with important classes. I even arranged skipping out of my chemistry lab to see this. At least I have DSO coming here but I have seen them five times in the past couple of months and I was excited to see the "real deal" if you know what I mean. Hopefully I can catch them in a more intimate venue some other time. If they did cancel because of lack of ticket sales it is unfortunate because all of my friends and I were going to purchase our tickets later and I'm sure a lot of other people were going to as well.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a downer. I'd definitely be happy if I lived in NY. If you are going to the newly scheduled show have fun for me.
PA still has the Wilkes Barre show FYI but i think they should give us another show ,penns peak,philly, albany is a 5 hr ride aint gonna happen for this guy
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#81682 2 years, 10 months ago
stricken wrote:
It stinks for the working man that only gets a few shows close to home i guess joe paterno changed his mind about checking out the band.

You could be right, but now I'm thinking it's a Jerry Sandusky thing...
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds