• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

22 years ago yesterday

#70517 2 years, 11 months ago
what a smoking show. I'm a little late with the post but I started the show yesterday and just finished it. The whole show is worth listening to but a major highlight....

Dark Star> - first in over 5 years, crowd goes nuts - over 19 minutes long
Drums>
Space>
Death Don't Have No Mercy> - 2nd of only 4 times played after the 70s
Dear Mr. Fantasy>Hey Jude

www.archive.org/details/gd1989-10-09.sbd...r.80840.sbeok.flac16
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: 22 years ago yesterday

#70534 2 years, 11 months ago
The "Formerly The Warlocks" shows. It was the first Attics since '72. Was anyone from the board at those shows? How did you find out about them? My understanding is the only place you could buy tickets was at select record stores in Virginia, and you had to know who The Warlocks were. There was no mail order or advertising.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#70576 2 years, 11 months ago
I was there... I had some friends from NJ that came down to MD, and picked me up, then we drove to Hampton and got tickets there.. I can't remember if it was a numbering system or a drawing.. but my friends somehow came up with the ticekts. I still have mine.. with gold lettering..
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#70596 2 years, 11 months ago
my parents went to those shows...hampton talk about an amazing place to see a show my dad said he worked his way up to the rail during eyes the first night of the warlocks run
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Chester
More or less in line

#70600 2 years, 11 months ago
I've got the box set. Wish I could say I was there, but I can't. Definitely a great tour, and great couple of shows.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#70604 2 years, 11 months ago
I was looking at the earlier post and thought about it and i was there but cant remember if that was the show with all the rain or years before. I also recall a limo coming by and thier being a few hundred tickets thrown out the window on the entrance to the field or school lot.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by stricken.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#72003 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for posting the show MushroomMan, work sucks lately and I need this.

Stricken: Never heard / saw tickets being thrown around like that, sounds totally cool.

So I just started listening to feel like a stranger. At about 3:45 in I am fairly certain Brent is singing "Long long crazy crazy TOUR". I never heard that before at any show.

I have heard "lone ranger" once in a while too (not on this version), which is a cool mix it up" Keepin it fresh I suppose.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#72015 2 years, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Thanks for posting the show MushroomMan, work sucks lately and I need this.

Stricken: Never heard / saw tickets being thrown around like that, sounds totally cool.

So I just started listening to feel like a stranger. At about 3:45 in I am fairly certain Brent is singing "Long long crazy crazy TOUR". I never heard that before at any show.

I have heard "lone ranger" once in a while too (not on this version), which is a cool mix it up" Keepin it fresh I suppose.

I actually heard Brent use the Crazy Crazy Tour line in a few (or at least a couple) different shows recently, its funny though how I never heard it before until recently when I end up hearing it more then once within a week.....
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds