• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

Re: meeting heads

#70856 2 years, 11 months ago
We have a different outlook.. That's ok... That's what makes this great.. Curiosly ... This is a random question.. Do you know were when and why the term " dead head" was coined? To grateful dead fans... It will give credence to your how many shows argument..

I am curios though..... On your ideal shakedown (shakedown steve) is NOTHING FOR SALE.

I've seen that shakedown steve and even the grateful dead fans are disappointed !
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#70860 2 years, 11 months ago
TooLeeDoo wrote:
We have a different outlook.. That's ok... That's what makes this great.. Curiosly ... This is a random question.. Do you know were when and why the term " dead head" was coined? To grateful dead fans... It will give credence to your how many shows argument..

I am curios though..... On your ideal shakedown (shakedown steve) is NOTHING FOR SALE.

I've seen that shakedown steve and even the grateful dead fans are disappointed !

The term first appeared in print at the suggestion of Hank Harrison (father of Courtney Love) on the sleeve of Skull And Roses. It read "DEAD FREAKS UNITE: Who are you? Where are you? How are you? Send us your name and address and we'll keep you informed. Dead Heads, P.O. Box 1065, San Rafael, California 94901."

When have I stated there's anything wrong with selling stuff on Shakedown? All I said was not everyone who goes on tour sells shit in the lot. I love Shakedown and I love buying souvenirs at shows.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#70864 2 years, 11 months ago
Fair enough.... I agree.. Shakedown makes it even better... The dead freaks unite incert for there mailing list is different then the coined term "dead head" in refence to grateful dead fans.. However rather than explain. I'm going to post a new thread..

That's what I love about this... Everyone has an opinion. Not anyone is exactly right. And it joins together all different views fir us all to reflect and ponder the weird world we love... The struggle seems to be the possative.. That's always been a struggle involving all thing.. Grateful dead fans are no different
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by TooLeeDoo.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#70870 2 years, 11 months ago
Agreed. Sometimes I get too bitchy for my own good on these message boards.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
TooLeeDoo
Junior Boarder

#70876 2 years, 11 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
Agreed. Sometimes I get too bitchy for my own good on these message boards.

No worries... Good came from that as well..
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#70901 2 years, 11 months ago
we meet tons wherever we go in th evan even the local market they crack up that we are 49 and 47 years old have professional jobs but yet we love to drive the lil further bus around we love our Life !!!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by alilfurther.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#70920 2 years, 11 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
To me being a Deadhead means you love the music of the Grateful Dead. The most shows I ever did on one tour was 7 in the summer of '94, and I didn't sell anything in the lot. That doesn't make me anything less of a Head than the guy who sold kind veggie burritos at every show that year. There are Deadheads who have never been to a show and there are people who have been to more shows than me who aren't Deadheads. Saying you have to go to x number of shows a year to consider yourself a Head is being more than a little "deader than thou."

exacly how I feel. Theres people that go to every tour for the drug scene or just to make money that in reality could give 2 shits less about the music ----- does that make them a dead head??

absolutley not in my opinion --- A dead head is someone who loves the music of the Grateful Dead, ^^just like he said
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#70965 2 years, 11 months ago
agreed and this topic was about meetingheads not what a deadhead is thank you very much
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, irishqueenie
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#71413 2 years, 11 months ago
Tooleedoo your fucking ridiculous. No doubt I'm a dead head. It's my lifestyle and my obsession. Although I don't follow your guidelines of being a dead head which I think is bullshit. Come on.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
kfender
Gold Boarder

#71462 2 years, 11 months ago
All these years I thought I was a deadhead!Who knew I was only a fan?Thanks for putting me in my place Tooleedoo!While you're coming across as deader than thou why don't you do yourself a favor and proofread your posts or at least spellcheck them.Your definition of a deadhead loses credibilty when your posts are filled with misspelled words.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds