• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

meeting heads

#70476 3 years ago
i was looking out my back door saw a guy with the classic dancing skeletons GD shirt walking his dog so i went out and started up a convo with him,made a new friend he lives in the neighborhood been a fan since the early 70's we spent 2 hrs BS ing .his dog had a dancing bear collar and leash if it wasnt for the shirt i might not of struck up the convo. was nice to talk to an intelligent like mindedperson in my neighborhood instead of over the computer
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: meeting heads

#70480 3 years ago
Im always looking for that situation when I'm out home. It really doesn't happen often. That's one reason why my arm is tatted up with a big steal your face so people can recognize and meet them. I wish I had a head living in my apartments.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#70485 3 years ago
i hear ya i saw a car that had a stealie for a front platebut when i asked them they were like huh? the guy i spoke with tonite (andy) said he spoke with the same persongot the same response then heasked if the plate came with the car :whohoo: we just talked about tapes and stereo equipment etc legion of mary JGB and some other dead shows we had seen a lot of the same shows in the 90's (giantstadium)
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#70537 3 years ago
I hope were not a dying breed, because it seems like now adays theres not to many around my way. Even in March when Furthur played Pittsburgh, the venue was only half full ( and it only holds about 3,500 ).
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#70567 3 years ago
i love how the steal your face logo brings up conversations. if i see someone in a dead shirt i instantly assume they love the dead at least as much as i do and it usually leads to a long conversation and a friend for life. Thats why i love wearing dead shirts, you never know who is gonna come up to you and stir something up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, scar1et_f1re, deadontherivet, 23atwell
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#70575 3 years ago
They are a dime a dozen in Boulder. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I have a dancin' bears belt. Always get remarks on how "cute" it is. By hot looking high school girls. Pure torture !
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#70606 3 years ago
In 1984 while working at my Mom's store here in St. Croix I saw a guy with a tie dye Dead shirt walk by. Because of his shirt I decided to introduce myself and we quickly became friends. 28 years later we are still best friends and have gone to many Dead/Furthur shows together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#70632 3 years ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
They are a dime a dozen in Boulder. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I have a dancin' bears belt. Always get remarks on how "cute" it is. By hot looking high school girls. Pure torture !

i have the same belt and have girls say how "cute" the teddy bears are so i don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing...the only difference is i'm the same age as the girls
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#70638 3 years ago
Once I saw a guy pulled over in a parking area, he was relaxing in his camper van, which was covered in GD stickers, I asked him about the stickers and he said he wasn't a head, he had just bought the van like that. Cool guy, but wasn't a Deadhead. dissapointiing
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#70639 3 years ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

i have the same belt and have girls say how "cute" the teddy bears are so i don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing...the only difference is i'm the same age as the girls

It is probably a good thing for you. I'll be 48 in January. Emoticon guy saying "doh".
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds