• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
perry
Senior Boarder

Re: Anybody else play disc golf

#70003 3 years ago
There are plenty of courses in Colorado, but I've never been to one! I have an after school disc golf club where we have a designated course, but it is the old school" that picnic table is a par 3"
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#70046 3 years ago
Never played disc golf, always wanted to though. Play regular golf a lot so naturally I guess I should play disc golf sometime.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#70047 3 years ago
My first gig was as a caddy, but I haven't played regular golf in 15 years. I don't have the patience for it, I guess. One bad shot blows my whole game. For some reason I don't get the same reaction from disc golf.if I make a bad shot I think
It's only disc golf. Lol this makes it a lot more fun for me.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Chester
More or less in line

#70050 3 years ago
deadontherivet wrote:
My first gig was as a caddy, but I haven't played regular golf in 15 years. I don't have the patience for it, I guess. One bad shot blows my whole game. For some reason I don't get the same reaction from disc golf.if I make a bad shot I think
It's only disc golf. Lol this makes it a lot more fun for me.

Yeah, that's my reaction as well. I can't quite make it through 9 holes of regular golf. But, put a disc in my hand,
on a nice day, and I'll just keep going.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#70101 3 years ago
my buddy from college got me into it i got a set of discs, innovas and have played a few times want to play more but hes been busy and i dont like playing by myself we got a lot of courses in NEPA
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#71473 3 years ago
I play on the University Of Colorado's campus course (still have the blue prints). They had it layed out , but to many people played while class was in session. So I think in the late 80's they took down the course layout. But I still remember it. It is a real course (water hazards, rough, etc). It is the only course I play. I really detest shooting into a basket.
aiko420
Junior Boarder

#72970 3 years ago
I play as much as I can. I have been playing for around ten years now. Great game, usually free courses and the equipment is pretty cheap. Unless you are like me and have a fondness to throwing your disc into lakes. I have this problem of having to try and drive every hole. In Indy there is a course (Dillon Park) that has a lake with three holes right on it. I have enough discs in that lake to own a store!! Here is my first hole-in-one at Washington Park in Indianapolis.
IMAGE_010.jpg
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#72980 3 years ago
i love playing...everything about it just makes it an overall joyful experience

surprisingly though i've never owned my own discs...10 years ago a friend of mine used to bring me, and then i didn't play for a long time...and within the past few years i've been going more and more with a friend who is very good at it, used to compete..

we've got a handful of nice (mainly free) courses in WNY
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 1.78 seconds