• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimutis?

#7390 3 years, 4 months ago
What a good friend you still are to him...I admire you for sharing Joseph with us. Thank you.
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#7398 3 years, 4 months ago
Dear JC... Obviously, nothing that we can say can heal the devastation, but know that there are many good people around here that truly care about the loss of this young man. My hope is that the negativity/ assumptions will stop and those who have said things to further upset you will learn and think before they post. My sincerest condolences to you, Joseph's family, and all who loved him.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#7399 3 years, 4 months ago
(((JC)))
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
eteacher108
Fresh Boarder

#7456 3 years, 4 months ago
((((((((((friends and family of Joseph Kimutis)))))))))) I am so very sorry for your our loss.
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimu

#7571 3 years, 4 months ago
Thank you for clearing things up. It's not really that big a stretch to assume that someone who jumps through a window at a Furthur show was on drugs. I'm very sorry if anyone seemed insensitive while posting their theories. Even though I didn't know Joey I feel that he was part of our community and I'm just trying to make sense of it, Thank you so much for your post. I am so sorry for your loss. If, as you are saying, he was sober and decided to take his life in the hallway during setbreak at a Furthur show, that's amazing. I'm sure he knew what a huge situation he was creating if that was the case. He immortalized his name in Futhur history, that's for sure. I am grateful that he chose to do it in the hallway at setbreak and not by jumping off the balcony during the middle of the show.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Fire Scarlet.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimu

#7588 3 years, 4 months ago
((((Joseph's Friends and Family))))
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#7607 3 years, 4 months ago
Dear JCSmith312: We love you! As a solid friend you did your best to help your friend! You are to honored for your efforts. Trash talk adds insult to injury...try to forget it...lots of people understand...just forget all the trash talk...it means nothing in the real scheme of things...just know we love you, and your poor friend too.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#7616 3 years, 4 months ago
see, I was right there. I didnt hear no fightin, yelling or arguing. Nothing. Just CRASH. From the way the police were handling it, it didnt seem like the kid was ond rugs at all. Ive been saying all along he probably just slipped and fell the wrong way. If he was going to diabetic shock, that makes even more sense.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#7663 3 years, 4 months ago
JC, you are a loyal friend and just set the record on Joseph straight, letting us know what a rough spot he was in leading up to and including that night. Thanks, my hat's off to you. It's just a natural reaction to come up with a theory of why something this extraordinarily tragic happened. Just a guess, but what may have really PO'd JC is the lack of empathy, care for Joseph, people just rushing to conclusions, going so far as to call him selfish and not paying respects to one of our own who just passed in a very fucked up way. Someone may have an opinion but take a sec to have a little heart fer chrissakes.

It sounds like Joseph had a very, very bad year and gave up trying and his friends were wise enough to understand something we all know, that this music can help you in the worst of times. They tried to get him his music meds to pull him out of the darkness.

I hate to speculate, would rather send a good thought to Joseph and wish some peace and comfort for his family and friends...but I will say as someone with blood sugar issues similar to diabetes that if you don't take proper care you can really space out and I've never been there but can imagine if let go for an extended period one could space to the point of thinking there is a whole other situation going on, that they are in a whole other time and place.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by sjfgreenman.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#7668 3 years, 4 months ago
JC Kudos to you. I also was appauled by some of the remarks made on this thread espeacially by people who had no idea what they are talking about. My heart nd prayers go out yo JK and his friends/family.
The voices tell me what to say
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#7673 3 years, 4 months ago
I am sure his memory , friends and family will be in the next VibeIn.

{{JC}}
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#7680 3 years, 4 months ago
JC- thanks for posting and telling us about your friend. I was shocked at how some people responded -- i stuck up for joe because i had a friend that was hurt and at a dead show- she was stone cold sober- but because she was at a show then everyone thinks she is tripping --so many jump to conclusions and listen to rumor and gossip.
maybe this will be a wake up call to some- maybe not! do unto others....
JC thanks for being joes friend- and i pray for you and his family to find some peace!
much love and come back and talk to us anytime!
Time to create page: 4.68 seconds