• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimutis?

#7859 3 years, 6 months ago
cap wrote:
I came across this website as it was listed as a top suggested site to visit when I typed in Joe's name in google.

Joe is my cousin and was such a beautiful, caring, amazing young man. He truly touched so many lives and I believe that he is in a better place watching down on us. Please pray for his parents and his sister.

I didn't want to get involved, but since so many people are commenting on JC's post, I wanted to clear some things up. I thank JC for posting a message defending Joe's honor, however, I needed to state that almost all of his/her facts are incorrect. One of the only true things that is written is that one of his best friends did pass away 6 months ago. Other information that was written about him having mental instability, diabetes, a sick mother, losing his aunts, and taking his fiancee off life support (or even being engaged for that matter) are incorrect. I am not sure what the motive was to make up that information, and as far as I am concerned his close friends and family only need to know the true Joey, but I wanted to just state this so that the media/press do not believe/quote that information. Again, JC, I am appreciative of you defending Joe for whatever your reasoning was, but wanted to clear up some information you provided. I am also thankful for everyone else on here that has posted kind words about Joe and are keeping my family in your thoughts. Please, just don't believe everything you read.

Really sorry for your loss, thank you for coming out and clearing up some stuff....My comments were based on what I assumed was facts from a friend, now we find out its a troll...

To JCSmith312 , your a fucking shitty troll, get the fuck out of here....Pretty sad you gotta come to a pretty cool forum such as this and stir up a bunch shit with lies...

Again, horrible situation, i send out good vibes to all involved in this tragedy...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#7860 3 years, 6 months ago
Ya know here's a thought...If someone in the know would offer an explanation as to what happened the other night it would curtail the assumptions and accusations. I understand this is a personal matter but it has also been made a public one. There were a lot of people directly and indirectly involved that I am pretty sure would appreciate an honest explanation. After all this did happen in a public place and obviously has had a big impact on this community as well as the family and friends of the deceased. Just a thought.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Bud
Junior Boarder

#7914 3 years, 6 months ago
I don't think the kid is a dumb ass. You would kind of assume(and this is probably what killed him) that in a stair well on the 4th story would be a like a Plexiglas sort of substance what if two metal heads got into a fist fight by the window and was pushed through. You kind of take for granted that when your herding tons of drunken fans going home from all kinds of shows and the window was at knee height. That it would be more than double pane regular glass. I personally wouldn't test those boundaries. But this whole thing reeks of alcohol rather than hallucination. He was with his dad and probably just joking around. And although it could have been the doses I would care to wager he wasn't tripping with his dad at a show. Even though I have done the same, I was much much older. I don't think he counted on it being regular glass. There is probably good reason to have a stronger glass. I think it was an accident waiting to happen. And unfortunately this is a black eye for the scene . But the venue has to answer to why there was a cheap ass double pane window on the fourth floor that's at Knee height. I will say a prayer for his family what a horrible way to go. And from all accounts he was a nice kid. But that's were the old saying comes in. Don't ever assume B/C it makes an ass out of u and me.
Nancyinthesky
Junior Boarder

#7921 3 years, 6 months ago
>> There is probably good reason to have a stronger glass. I think it was an accident waiting to happen. And unfortunately this is a black eye for the scene . But the venue has to answer to why there was a cheap ass double pane window on the fourth floor that's at Knee height.

Totally agree.
RIP Joseph Kimutis
And my condolences to his family and his friends.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#7924 3 years, 6 months ago
From what I saw on the news videos it loked like tempered glass which is a much more durable glass than a regular pane of glass. That is standard regulation for windows 18 inches or closer to the ground or doorway.
The voices tell me what to say
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#7930 3 years, 6 months ago
I wish I could remember what the glass felt like cause I was there knocking on the window after it happen cause I ciudlnt believe he broke it. I swear the stuff that was abotu chest eye didnt even feel lke real glass. But i know what broke WAS because there was freaking glass everywhere...

Stupid Peterson event center. i hope theres a hardcore investigation done on those windows. theres no way a person should be able to crash through it.
Nancyinthesky
Junior Boarder

#7943 3 years, 6 months ago
The police are quoted in this news article as saying the glass was one inch thick and double paned - sounds different than tempered or safety glass. And then the news article also goes on to share a witness account that was posted HERE. Pretty weird:

>>..Lt. Herrmann said a witness claimed Mr. Kimutis appeared to have gotten into a three-point stance Wednesday night, "like a football player," yelled "Hike!" and then charged the window, which police estimated was an inch thick and double-paned.

But a Furthur fan posting on the band's website questioned that account of the incident, which he claimed to have witnessed. The fan wrote that Mr. Kimutis had walked toward a group of people, facing the window, when he began to lift his leg and cycle his arms like a runner.

"He took two deep breaths and then lunged toward the window ... blasted through it and landed on this sidewalk below," the fan wrote.

www.post-gazette.com/pg/11091/1136194-53.stm

Read more: www.post-gazette.com/pg/11091/1136194-53.stm#ixzz1IQLcoUq7
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#7957 3 years, 6 months ago
"this whole thing reeks of alcohol rather than hallucination"
hallucination- 1.The act of hallucinating; a wandering of the mind; error; mistake; a blunder.

Whatever the catalyst, it was an intended act that was a terrible error by all accounts. People saw Joe running the hallway, then either stretching like a jogger or went into a stance, maybe both. The velocity required to break the glass would rule out a slip, plus the witness accounts say differently, saw a lunge.

Blaming the glass-building, the parents or friends doesn't make any sense to me, Joe could have made this blunder in any building, on any rooftop, or out in the streets..anywhere..danger lurks around every corner if you push fate, should Dad have had Joe on a leash? it sounds like he made a huge mistake in a strange state of mind and it cost him, his loved ones and our community what sounds like a really sweet soul and we get another round of the blame game. Maybe it just happened, that's it.

RIP (JOE)
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds