• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimutis?

#7708 3 years, 6 months ago
With all due respect, after hearing the comments of his friend his family should have admitted him to a hospital instead of taking him to a concert.

RIP Dude.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#7710 3 years, 6 months ago
With all due respect, I think it's pretty weak to be taking shots at the family right now. So easy for someone else to say, so easy to judge. Friends and family will think about this the rest of their lives...do you even get that one bit? Give them some space and respect, now's not the time.

How could anyone besides those involved know what may have been best? Does anyone find the very emotional plea of someone who just lost their friend a topic for analysis? Cripes
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by sjfgreenman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pwhitty
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#7713 3 years, 6 months ago
I remember that the Grateful Dead honored a brother that was killed when a roof collapsed after a show during a storm in St. Louis in like 94. They played He's gone the next night and the crowd cheered because they all had heard about it and thought it sweet to honor a brother. Just sayin'....
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#7714 3 years, 6 months ago
I am a father...and with all due respect if my kid was as mentally and medically fucked up as his friend says he was the last place I would have taken him to was a concert where the environment is unstable...especially if he was unstable himself. I can think of all kinds of better places for him to be if he was indeed in such of an unstable frame of mind. Don't get me wrong, I see this story in a whole new light but I still stand by my comments. The kid dove through a window and sober or not that is a selfish, foolish thing to do and if he was so out of his mind before he went there and his friends and family knew he was already in a bad place then obviously that is the last place he needed to be...so be it though, that is where he ended up in his state of mind....and look what happened....now everyone involved, the witnesses, the venue, the cops, the band, his family and friends they all have to live with that....this could have been prevented very easily....this kid did not belong at that concert.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#7715 3 years, 6 months ago
I was at that show, it was 95. Terrible accident, there was also an unfortunate OD at the same campground.
The voices tell me what to say
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#7717 3 years, 6 months ago
You know it's true....everyone needs to be alert to the fact that someone may not be able to handle a situation. If the person is not up to a crowd scene, they may need some down-time. It comes down to self- sacrifice sometimes. We all know the feeling of having to miss a show for some reason, even though we REALLY want to go. It can be tough.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#7718 3 years, 6 months ago
All we know is what has been reported, very little, really. JC's account does let us know Joey was in a very rough place but who really knows the answer to what he needed, the cure? Oh, the wonderful care they give the mentally ill here in the good ole USA. American docs know how to give drugs and that's it. Maybe Joey's friends and family truly thought his favorite band would give him the lift he needed. They obviously thought they were doing a positive thing.

They will 2nd guess that choice the rest of their lives, I just don't think it's your or my place, especially right now, to make that call in hindsight. We should learn form mistakes, sure but let's be a little kind and give some benefit of doubt before knowing all the facts...there's plenty of time for that later, now these people are really grieving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerri1031
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#7723 3 years, 6 months ago
We all need to own our shit. We all "F" up from time to time. In the olden days, people fell through floors from too much "Truckin'....did not die. These are strange times people. We need to be on high alert to situations such as this.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#7725 3 years, 6 months ago
We need to be alert and people snapping at shows is nothing new, sure..it's the degree of this particular incident and this attitude that something should have been known beforehand that is odd to me...it sounds judgmental to an unfair degree to me

I agree we all need to look after each other, I've definitely been there for others, have some stories, I tells ya..

But I hope no friend tries to stop me from going to a show because I'm having a rough time...I mean cmon, look around at a show, we are by nature an emotional, passionate group letting loose..where do you know to draw the line?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#7732 3 years, 6 months ago
People snapping in life is nothing new. I've lost a number of friends to mental illness over the years. Some of the brightest most creative people I've ever known. The common denominator I've felt in these experiences is a sense of helplessness. I've wanted to do something to try to turn things around but every time it's impossible to really get through to them.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds