• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimu

#7265 3 years, 6 months ago
well I'm pretty sure acid can't be detected even if he was on it so I'm pretty sure that report will NOT be conclusive.

and I feel absolutley terrible for this kid which I've stated in several posts so don't get the impression that im being rude or unsypathetic or anything like that.

I'm just saying you can't say "mushrooms caused the death" when in the end even if he was on them which I doubt but whatever it was he took, he took to much without knowing what could happen. You should never take anything if you don't know about it and the effects. Its a horrible tragedy, but ultimatley it is not the fault of any substance but of poor judgement.....
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#7266 3 years, 6 months ago
Are you saying that if a kid takes acid and thinks he can fly and jumps off a building the acid is not to blame at all? (or mushrooms....or beer)
And seeing your username I completely understand your defensiveness, and agree that people are ultimately responsible for whatever happens when they overindulge with a powerful substance that they should have had more respect for.
This thread is about whether to honor him, not whether he screwed up....which he tragically did. And paid the ultimate price.
Also, I'm pretty certain that a toxicology report can determine how many nanograms per milliliter, of LSD, is in a person's blood
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Fire Scarlet.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7267 3 years, 6 months ago
well I dont do acid so I can't comment on that specifically but you have to know your limits if your going to do something like that. You would have to eat way over the average dose of mushrooms to get that way so if he was on mushrooms, he ate way to much. If he ate to many mushrooms then thats a judgement call but it dosnt sound like mushrooms. He was sober at one point of the night or day and decided to do something to alter his state of mind, obviously he took way to much - it sounds like he was alone when it all happened to, which you shouldn't be tripping alone enless your at home.

If somebody takes to much of anything, thinks they can fly and jumps off the building, its ultimatley your own fault for abusing whatever substance you took and not being safe about it and having your trip planned out. accidents happen man, to say mushrooms are bad because some people abuse them is wrong, mushrooms are very powerful and have the ability to change many lives for the better if used properly and not just "to get fucked up".
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7268 3 years, 6 months ago
well im probably wrong about the acid detecting thats why I said "pretty sure" lol

but like everyone else said, its a terrible tragedy but shouldn't be honored because it would give the wrong impression.

I need to get to bed for another 45 min before work........ no offense intended with any of this BTW, just gotta defend my good old mushies like you said.....
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#7269 3 years, 6 months ago
I would absolutely never ever say mushrooms are bad.

I love mushrooms. By the end of a three day festy they are all that work.

Whatever he took he took too much too fast.

It's really tragic because his dad was there so he must be going though hell right now with the loss and the guilt compounding.

I just think that, back on topic, even though it was ultimately his fault, it was also an accident.

He didn't go to the concert planning on dying.

And it wouldn't hurt anything if there was some sort of acknowledgement in his honor.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#7281 3 years, 6 months ago
Really sad story, but honoring this person would not make sense...What are we honoring him for??? Getting really fucked up at a show and taking a running start through a glass window and killing himself?!

What would have happened if he had by some chance fallen on someone and seriously injured or killed them?

This is a bad situation anyway you look at it, just like the kid that jumped at Jones Beach at Phish,it just brings attention to the scene that will be cast in a negative light...

I feel bad for the family and anyone that had to witness this tragedy, but this kid did this to himself, he should have never put anything in his body that would make him think jumping through a glass window is in anyway sensible...You need to have self control and common sense with anything you put in your system, this kid did not and paid a hefty price...I hope more of the younger crowd takes notice of this and understands that drugs can get on top of you quick if you dont know what you are doing or taking...Just be careful out there...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by GrayFolded.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#7316 3 years, 6 months ago
wow i am very shocked by the attitudes of some of you people!

i have personally witnessed someone sober as a judge fall down a set of stairs at SPAC she was very badly injured and was put into a coma so they could deal with the swelling in her brain....according to most of you she was all fucked up on acid or mushrooms and it was all her fault and she made us all look bad!!! what a bunch of shit!!
a spinal tap is the only way to find out if it was acid or mushrooms. lets wait for the tox report before bashing him-- also if it was safety glass (i don't believe it was) then how did he crash through??? and he didn't dive out the window as some of you would suggest! the window was at floor level-so he dove head first into a concrete floor and missed and went out the window???? please people- i don't think this young man did this on purspose- it was a terrible accident!

where is the kindness, where is the love, where is the community that i USED to know???? -i see alot of jerks giving their opinions on post # 1 of their posting history- every one has to have a first post - but something nice is always better than comming on an lecturing or admonishing a group or individual for their thoughts- agree to disagree - no time to Hate!!!
God bless joes family and friends at this horrible time! RIP Joseph!
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#7330 3 years, 6 months ago
I think the best thing and the most professional thing for the band to do is to play a song that indirectly remembers him. i.e a He's gone, etc... I don't feel that this is the kind of band to take an aside(did I use that word right lol) and pay tribute to him. Keep it classy the show must go on and not dwell.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#7337 3 years, 6 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
wow i am very shocked by the attitudes of some of you people!

i have personally witnessed someone sober as a judge fall down a set of stairs at SPAC she was very badly injured and was put into a coma so they could deal with the swelling in her brain....according to most of you she was all fucked up on acid or mushrooms and it was all her fault and she made us all look bad!!! what a bunch of shit!!
a spinal tap is the only way to find out if it was acid or mushrooms. lets wait for the tox report before bashing him-- also if it was safety glass (i don't believe it was) then how did he crash through??? and he didn't dive out the window as some of you would suggest! the window was at floor level-so he dove head first into a concrete floor and missed and went out the window???? please people- i don't think this young man did this on purspose- it was a terrible accident!

where is the kindness, where is the love, where is the community that i USED to know???? -i see alot of jerks giving their opinions on post # 1 of their posting history- every one has to have a first post - but something nice is always better than comming on an lecturing or admonishing a group or individual for their thoughts- agree to disagree - no time to Hate!!!
God bless joes family and friends at this horrible time! RIP Joseph!

Sorry, this was not an accident, he ran and dove through a window according to a guy standing right there. Witnesses said he looked pretty wasted.

www.wpxi.com/video/27387558/index.html

Again, what if this guy had killed some other fan(s) with his reckless actions, then what would people think of Joseph???

Sorry to maybe come off as a Jerk, but this young man was very irresponsible and could have put others in danger with his actions...

Look at the guy who jumped at Jones Beach, he was charged with crimes for his irresponsibility, hes very lucky to not be dead himself...

I feel terrible for this persons family and all those that had to witness this tragedy during such a beautiful concert that Furthur was putting on, but again this young mans actions were his own doing...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#7348 3 years, 6 months ago
every one has a different story (even among those right there) some say he said hike some say he didn't say anything! i will wait and see what the final verdict is----neither here nor there --i still say wheres the love?
too many judgemental people automatically drew their own conclusions before we know it all.
and he was a human being and doesn't need to be called names by people who shouldn't be throwing stones.
just sayin....
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds