• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimutis?

#7198 3 years, 6 months ago
Thank you for your honesty Okie.

However, I would like to point out to you, if you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.
Lynx
Visitor

#7202 3 years, 6 months ago
Good stuff Okie
spiritfingers
Junior Boarder

#7216 3 years, 6 months ago
Jerry, Brent, Pigpen all died because of drug addiction, and yet we honor them all the time (Especially Jerry). Should we not honor them because of their selfishness? This kid made one mistake (which may may not have been drug related at all), whereas Jerry, Brent, Pigpen, Janis (Bird Song) made a LIFETIME of "selfish" decisions by allowing drugs and alcohol to ruin their lives and hurt so many folks around them. I'm not saying they shouldn't be honored--they definitely should be. And so should this young man.
The Grateful Dead? the name itself comes from an Egyptian folk tale about helping a dead lost soul. The protagonist feeds this dead soul even though the dead cannot retain food. Then the protagonist gives the soul drink, even though the dead cannot retain drink.
It's called "signposts to a new space" for a reason.

and on a less metaphysical level, He's Gone has been dedicated to countless "lost soul" people, like 23 year old Len Bias who died 1 week after being recruited by the Boston Celtics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: judit, PMoondancer , funky420, Capitol L
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#7217 3 years, 6 months ago
Some thoughts to ponder...

Kind thoughts spiritfingers, thank you for the kind thoughts...
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#7231 3 years, 6 months ago
I just worry if they honor him, there'll nbe some fringe group of loons that say 'look, i can live forever in the tapes, lemme pull some crazy shit like that!"

I dunno. Just kinda think it sends the wrong message. NOW, if its proven it really was a horrible accident, not some dude on a sucidal path, thats a different story.
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#7235 3 years, 6 months ago
Sad he lost his life, I don't know what reasons as most people don't either.
I don't feel he should be "Honored" at the show, but that's just me.

((Vibes for family and friends))
judit
Junior Boarder

#7244 3 years, 6 months ago
Does substituting "remembering" for "honoring" young Mr. Kimutis make it more acceptable?

No one will ever know what was going on in his mind; if he was focused or confused, what his intent was... it's hard for me to think someone would think there is glory in his death because the Band mentions him.

He's gone, gone, nothin's gonna bring him back...He's gone

Strength and peace to his family.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krispysmurf
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimu

#7259 3 years, 6 months ago
joeavatar.jpg

I think it's pretty safe to assume the guy was way high on Acid or Mushrooms (or both) and that's why he did such an illogical, self destructive thing.
If you read this article...
www.post-gazette.com/pg/11091/1136194-53.stm
you will see that he was just a normal nineteen year old kid.
This was an accidental death just like a car accident.
Any one who thinks this was a suicide hasn't gotten on the bus.
I think people want to distance themselves and pretend it could never happen to them.
The fact is the kid died at a Furthur show because he took to many hallucinogenics.
I'm pretty sure the toxicology report will prove that.
I personally have been so high on psilocybin that I thought I was the devil and I had to kill myself to save Mankind.
Luckily a few seconds later I realized I was actually the son of God and had to live to save Mankind (which I have yet to accomplish).
This is a tragedy in our community that NEEDS to be acknowledged.
I'm pretty sure that the enlightenment and spirituality these drugs bring far outweighs the casualties they inflict.
But when you play with fire en-masse someones going to get burned.
And it was this awesome kid.
I cried my eyes out.
Don't be douchbags.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Fire Scarlet.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7263 3 years, 6 months ago
if you read the thread below this you'll see that the floor was very slippery at the time and the window was pratically at ground level.

To blame the death on acid or mushrooms and try to give them a bad reputation is absurd, the death was caused by not being careful and doing way more then you could handle. Besides, considering the information in the thread below, he could of slipped and accidents can happen on hallucinogens, alcohol and sober to - so don't be so quick pointing your finger at mushrooms.....
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#7264 3 years, 6 months ago
www.wpxi.com/video/27387558/index.html

Have you listened to the above link?
I don't think you slip and fall through two inches of industrial glass.
I could be wrong of course.
I'm flattered that you think my post can effect the reputation of psychedelic mushrooms.
As I stated, I believe they have done far more good than harm.....for thousands of years.
I was just using an example of an incident when psychedelic drugs made me think death was a great idea, they just happened to be mushrooms.
There is no need to quibble because the toxicology report will reveal what he was on.
I hope I am wrong too and he was just drunk.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Fire Scarlet.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds