• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amigo del diablo
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimutis?

#7101 3 years, 6 months ago
Maybe we could all lay off this poor guy a bit for the time being and just wish him home and healing vibes for his family. I hate things that bring negative attention to our scene as much as the next head, but right now everybody is guessing, which does nobody any good. Maybe the guy didn't eat anything funny; maybe he was mentally ill. Maybe he was drunk on whiskey; maybe he was just horsing around and it was a tragic accident. Maybe he ingested something unknowingly. I don't know - I wasn't there.

I know I've made it to this ripe old age mostly by blind luck. I certainly gave Darwin many chances. And while our deaths may not come at such a young age or so violently, most of us are actively contributing to our deaths one way or another - whether it's by smoking tobacco or drinking too much, or eating food with cholesterol, not exercising, or whatever. I sure as hell wouldn't go to a smoker's funeral and tell people he had it coming by smoking. I'd offer my condolences and move on.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by amigo del diablo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerri1031, Krispysmurf, FUBAR, irishqueenie, funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#7114 3 years, 6 months ago
Very well put diablo I agree
The voices tell me what to say
Lynx
Visitor

#7125 3 years, 6 months ago
Of course we should all try to show a little more sensitivity toward this kid and his family. We can start by not speculating to much about what we don't know (ie this kid's mental state, his drug use habits, his father's parental abilities, etc etc).

That being said there's just something not right, and kinda creepy, about dedicating a song or whatever to his memory. Weird considering the circumstances.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by .
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#7135 3 years, 6 months ago
Fare Ye Well, Brother.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by jodiah.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7137 3 years, 6 months ago
amigo del diablo wrote:
Maybe we could all lay off this poor guy a bit for the time being and just wish him home and healing vibes for his family. I hate things that bring negative attention to our scene as much as the next head, but right now everybody is guessing, which does nobody any good. Maybe the guy didn't eat anything funny; maybe he was mentally ill. Maybe he was drunk on whiskey; maybe he was just horsing around and it was a tragic accident. Maybe he ingested something unknowingly. I don't know - I wasn't there.

I know I've made it to this ripe old age mostly by blind luck. I certainly gave Darwin many chances. And while our deaths may not come at such a young age or so violently, most of us are actively contributing to our deaths one way or another - whether it's by smoking tobacco or drinking too much, or eating food with cholesterol, not exercising, or whatever. I sure as hell wouldn't go to a smoker's funeral and tell people he had it coming by smoking. I'd offer my condolences and move on.

"Maybe we could all lay off this poor guy a bit for the time being and just wish him home and healing vibes for his family"????

The kid is DEAD. There will be no home and no healing. Not for him, not for his family and not for the scene.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#7145 3 years, 6 months ago
It's hard not to judge the kid for his actions, but it's just such a shocking senseless death that these type of reactions should be expected. I can't imagine what his parents and family are dealing with now.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#7156 3 years, 6 months ago
Lynx wrote:
Of course we should all try to show a little more sensitivity toward this kid and his family. We can start by not speculating to much about what we don't know (ie this kid's mental state, his drug use habits, his father's parental abilities, etc etc).

That being said there's just something not right, and kinda creepy, about dedicating a song or whatever to his memory. Weird considering the circumstances.

Agreed.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Jack_Straw
Junior Boarder

#7172 3 years, 6 months ago
I think a shout out for this lost soul is not a good idea.

RIP
cut his buddy down
quomaya2
Junior Boarder

#7182 3 years, 6 months ago
don't judge the kid, people like him need guidance more than judgment

rest in peace joe
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#7195 3 years, 6 months ago
amigo del diablo wrote:
right now everybody is guessing, which does nobody any good. Maybe the guy didn't eat anything funny; maybe he was mentally ill. Maybe he was drunk on whiskey; maybe he was just horsing around and it was a tragic accident. Maybe he ingested something unknowingly.

Fair enough but let's not be too naive here. I mean come on, this shit has been happening for years at shows. People don't dive through windows or jump off of balconies at Dead related concerts because they are drunk, depressed, mentally ill, or horsing around. They do it because they are high and they think they can fly. People can beat around the bush all they want but I seriously doubt the kid went to a concert to intentionally kill himself. He took some bad shit, and ran and dove head first through a window. It's tragic yes, but it happens. There are so many scum bag fuckers that go see these shows now, especially since Furthur has started playing. People trashing up the scene, punk ass lot rats selling their fucking shit, the nitrous dealers, stupid youngsters who have no clue and are just there to get fucked up, party and deal drugs. We all saw the exact same shit going on back in the days of the GD and it sucks that this type of shit is emerging again. There are two types of Deadheads. Those that go for the music and those that go for and live off of 'the scene" and as far as I am concerned the latter of the two are the ones that fuck everything up for everyone else. I was embarrassed leaving the lot in Atlanta last year everyone trashed that place so bad and no one seemed to care. If shit like this keeps happening I wouldn't expect Furthur to be around too much longer because nobody is going to want them or us around. This kind of shit fucks it up for everybody.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerri1031, PMoondancer , splatter_face
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds