• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dagan
Junior Boarder

Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimutis?

#6938 3 years ago
here is the official story www.postgazette.com/pg/11090/1136062-100.stm
could we get some sort of song or show dedication for Joseph? It's just so sad.
Gone too soon. RIP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spiritfingers
bender
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil/Jill - any chance of honoring Joseph Kimutis?

#6956 3 years ago
Seriously? You want Phil to honor the dude who jumped out a window at one of his concerts?!!? While I'm not into speaking for the band, I'm pretty sure this behavior is not something anybody wants. Honoring this guy would lead to more people doing dumb crap just to get a shout out by the band.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by bender.
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#6967 3 years ago
Yeah , I don't agree with this dedication idea , It's just gonna give a bad rep to the scene as usual , just because a 19 year old kid had too much too fast and did something really stupid that probably traumatized alot of good people , I don't think he should be recognized , I feel terrible for his family, and for Phil, Bobby etc. JUST TERRIBLE
US Blues
Fresh Boarder

#7001 3 years ago
Wow, the years have grown cold when phans won't honor a brother. Does not matter why he did what he did, acknowledgment is the doorway to healing. A right and proper "He's Gone" with a dedication would be an important gesture from the band.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Harold of the Rocks
Fresh Boarder
Then he shook my hand, and walked away.

#7042 3 years ago
I feel badly for the kid's dad, especially if he bought his son alcohol or anything else that may have impaired his judgement.

US Blues... it's not fans being cold or refusal to honor a "brother". Unfortunately, this kid made a real bad choice and it cost him his life. While I sympathize, I don't believe it's something the band should "honor" with a dedication.
Just because I'm 90 years old doesn't mean I can't kick your ass on the Disc Golf Course.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#7051 3 years ago
I feel terrible for the kid and his family. That said honoring him is the absolute WORST idea---- He's gone if played should have people remembering Jerry Brent Pigpen......or your own past friends and family. Prayers for the kid and his family yes....honoring him for a terrible decision sends the wrong message....
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefulpanda
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#7060 3 years ago
Why in the hell would the band honor some dumbass kid that did too many drugs and threw himself out of a window? Maybe they should honor all of the pieces of shit that sell the drugs in the parking lots and honor the nitrous mafia while they are at it too. Get a grip people.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#7067 3 years ago
Wow I can't believe how cold some of you "heads" are. A person has lost their life enough said you (okie) don't need to call him a dumbass you didn't even know him to make that judgement. As far as a song to "honor" him no, but a comment that our prayers go out to his family, yes. You Okie sound like the dumbass.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: spiritfingers, irishqueenie
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#7082 3 years ago
Im sorry but any person, kid, adult, etc. that gets into a running stance and dives out of a four story window to their death is a dumbass. . Sorry, I see it for what it is. People do stupid shit when they are high on drugs but diving out of a window is pretty damn stupid. I feel sorry for all involved and I am sorry that the kid is dead but for the band to honor him in some way would be uncalled for in my opinion. Flame away...
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Okie.
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7085 3 years ago
I agree that the kid was a dumbass. It's kids like that who come just to get high and drunk and cant do it responsibly that have been helping to trash the scene for years. Honoring that kind of stupidity is out of the question. He didn't die by accident, through no fault of his own, he died because he did something monumentally stupid, massively irresponsible, and ultimately selfish. It's this kind of thing that makes communities and venues think twice about inviting us back.
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds