• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Connor
Junior Boarder

My photoshop class project (Furthur CD cover)

#69155 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm taking a course in adobe photoshop right now, and for our midterm we have to make a CD cover. I decided to make a cover for this past weekend's shows at Red Rocks. I was wondering what you guys thought of it so far, and if you have any suggestions to make it better. Remember, it's still a work in progress, so it isn't perfect yet!

It's a really large image, so right click and choose 'view image' to see it in detail.

Draft 1:

Draft 2:

Draft 3:
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Connor.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: My photoshop class project (Furthur CD cover)

#69158 2 years, 11 months ago
Connor wrote:
I'm taking a course in adobe photoshop right now, and for our midterm we have to make a CD cover. I decided to make a cover for this past weekend's shows at Red Rocks. I was wondering what you guys thought of it so far, and if you have any suggestions to make it better. Remember, it's still a work in progress, so it isn't perfect yet!

It's a really large image, so right click and choose 'view image' to see it in detail.

Looks good!!!!

Just a suggestion maybe add Furthur LIVE from Red Rocks.....something like that just adding the word live. To let the person know it is a live album even tho I could tell from the pictures

When I was in college, I had to write a paper on something that has changed the media world...And of course I wrote it on the Grateful Dead, Got an "A" too!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#69162 2 years, 11 months ago
It would probably be a tremendous amount of work, but it would be cool if you could cut out the musicians and position them in a way that it looked like they are standing on/among the rocks.

If you played with the colors, the one of JK almost looks like that.

At the very least, I think you should make the edges of the photos irregular. The squares are too stark a contrast against the random shape of the rocks.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connor
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#69164 2 years, 11 months ago
looks great, nice work
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Connor
Junior Boarder

#69167 2 years, 11 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
It would probably be a tremendous amount of work, but it would be cool if you could cut out the musicians and position them in a way that it looked like they are standing on/among the rocks.

If you played with the colors, the one of JK almost looks like that.

At the very least, I think you should make the edges of the photos irregular. The squares are too stark a contrast against the random shape of the rocks.

Making the edges of the photos irregular is definitely something I can do. I'll get started on that now! Thanks for the idea.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#69198 2 years, 11 months ago
Looks awesome but why no jeff?
The voices tell me what to say
Connor
Junior Boarder

#70835 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for all the comments. I just added my 2nd draft to my original post. There are only a few changes. I made the images have jagged borders, I added 'live from' to the title, and I adjusted the color balance of the background to bring out more of the reds.

I do want to be able to fit Jeff and the singers in, but I'm afraid if I do it'll cover up too much of the background.

EDIT: Added a 3rd draft as well. This one has lightning bolts around the Furthur logo.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Connor.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#71094 2 years, 10 months ago
A little string of Dead bears, and skeletons too, may help.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#71240 2 years, 10 months ago
Looks really good. Those bolts really make it look much better. My one comment / critique is it's difficult to read the dates at the bottom, color is close to the color of the rocks. Not sure if they need a border, different color, or perhaps leave them as is. But I love it, great job.

I personally liked the squarer borders on the pics .... or maybe it was the shadow effect I liked. But that's more personal preference (I like coke, you like pepsi stuff).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
aiko420
Junior Boarder

#71275 2 years, 10 months ago
Nice work. Here is a suggestion to be able to fit the rest of the band in. Try to take the photos you have and make a "bar" of them across the bottom, with a black border. That way you will not interfere with the image of Red Rocks. You could even make the top of the black border on top of the photos a little wider and put the description in there. Make sure all the images of the band are the same height. Here is a quick example. If you want/need anymore help, shoot me a message. I would be glad to help out.
example_1.jpg

Connor wrote:
Thanks for all the comments. I just added my 2nd draft to my original post. There are only a few changes. I made the images have jagged borders, I added 'live from' to the title, and I adjusted the color balance of the background to bring out more of the reds.

I do want to be able to fit Jeff and the singers in, but I'm afraid if I do it'll cover up too much of the background.

EDIT: Added a 3rd draft as well. This one has lightning bolts around the Furthur logo.
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds