• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
erockpgh
Fresh Boarder

Re: Teen plunges 30 feet to death (from MSNBC )

#7975 3 years, 4 months ago
esfc85 wrote:
erockpgh wrote:
DancingSinginggirl wrote:
now Im reading that he catually never went into a "footbal stance" and a bit of a different story ... here are some of the other posts,on what happenned at the show\
" I was also right there when ity happened but I didn't see it occur. It was about 5 minutes into setbreak and I saw a girl I know very well balling and hysterical. In fact, I stood right there when a cop interviewed her 2 minutes after it happened. FWIW---she did not say he yelled hike but that he ran back and forth through the lobby/concession area and then just ran and launched himself head forst through the window, which, BTW was only 3 feet from the ground. He had to have been very low to the ground to have done this. Nobody could have stopped him or "talked him down", as it happened before anyone even knew what was going on. His friends said he was kinda of a joker/prankster type and it seems that he might have just been goofing around and didn't realize he could go throught it or something like that. In any event, it's not even clear he was "on" anything---he was there with his Dad as well--he may have just been screwing around and had a very horrible accident. It definitely is not the band, his friends or anyone's fault as unless you had a crystal ball and knew this was gonna happen no one could have done anything. The window was also in a corner area so it was kinda out of the way and off to the side of the area. Terrible tragedy but it's definitely not clear what exactly happened especially in relation to possible intoxicants. He may have been totally sober for all we know." either way it ia horrible tragedy ... oo

I think it was a bit furthur into the set break, but not more than 10 or 15 minutes. I got a water, and while i was walking back to section 105 (where he jumped out) to head down to the floor, the dude was running in the hallways. Really not something out of the ordinary, then we heard the crash. With it being that quick, there was no way anyone could help it out, especially if the only sign of what to come was him running around.

I didn't know he was the one who jumped till someone came back to the seats.

it was all so quick, and there was no yell. I only heard the crash. I was 20-30 feet away and really didn't see it. A kid (security) came running our way, stopped a worker who was near us as was in a panic and was saying someone jumped, and he needed to get the paramedics there.

It took me a bit to really translate all that in my head. I looked towards where the window was and all i saw was everyone near the window slowly creeping back. it was very creepy. We started to head to our seat another way, and found a worker with a radio to get them to call it in to try to get help quicker since not even seeing it, we would have just been gawkers.

Believe me when i say, i think everyone there wishes they could have helped him in some way, and if we knew, I am sure someone would have at the least tackled him to stop it. It was all just so quick and there were no signs of anything about to happen.

My wife and I were also in the immediate area when this happened. We didn't see him actually go out or what may have led to it, but the sound of the glass breaking caused us to turn that way. My first thought was that something got thrown in from the outside. I think I was the first one to get to the hole & looked out. Saw the man on the sidewalk a few seconds before any bystanders/security/police or anyone ran to him. Just a terrible thing to see. I also can still hear the sound from the glass busting. A loud "pop" - nothing like the sound a drinking glass would make when it drops to the floor.

I'm kind of glad you mentioned the pop. As what confused me was that. I orginally though someone fell from the floor above becase of the pop and it wasn't a crash.
I was also thinking that I was remebering it wrong, but I didn't think that was likely
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#8003 3 years, 4 months ago
Thats what haunts me the most -- the noise the breaking of the window made. It was so surreal. I thought someone had shot out a window or something. I dun think I woulda' looked out the hole if iI'da know dude jumped. Seeing him on the concrete was surreal.
Mr.Miner
Fresh Boarder

#8019 3 years, 4 months ago
His name was Joseph Kimutis and we should all send his family good prayers/mediation and healing vibes.
esfc85
Junior Boarder

#8105 3 years, 4 months ago
erockpgh wrote:
esfc85 wrote:
erockpgh wrote:
DancingSinginggirl wrote:
now Im reading that he catually never went into a "footbal stance" and a bit of a different story ... here are some of the other posts,on what happenned at the show\
" I was also right there when ity happened but I didn't see it occur. It was about 5 minutes into setbreak and I saw a girl I know very well balling and hysterical. In fact, I stood right there when a cop interviewed her 2 minutes after it happened. FWIW---she did not say he yelled hike but that he ran back and forth through the lobby/concession area and then just ran and launched himself head forst through the window, which, BTW was only 3 feet from the ground. He had to have been very low to the ground to have done this. Nobody could have stopped him or "talked him down", as it happened before anyone even knew what was going on. His friends said he was kinda of a joker/prankster type and it seems that he might have just been goofing around and didn't realize he could go throught it or something like that. In any event, it's not even clear he was "on" anything---he was there with his Dad as well--he may have just been screwing around and had a very horrible accident. It definitely is not the band, his friends or anyone's fault as unless you had a crystal ball and knew this was gonna happen no one could have done anything. The window was also in a corner area so it was kinda out of the way and off to the side of the area. Terrible tragedy but it's definitely not clear what exactly happened especially in relation to possible intoxicants. He may have been totally sober for all we know." either way it ia horrible tragedy ... oo

I think it was a bit furthur into the set break, but not more than 10 or 15 minutes. I got a water, and while i was walking back to section 105 (where he jumped out) to head down to the floor, the dude was running in the hallways. Really not something out of the ordinary, then we heard the crash. With it being that quick, there was no way anyone could help it out, especially if the only sign of what to come was him running around.

I didn't know he was the one who jumped till someone came back to the seats.

it was all so quick, and there was no yell. I only heard the crash. I was 20-30 feet away and really didn't see it. A kid (security) came running our way, stopped a worker who was near us as was in a panic and was saying someone jumped, and he needed to get the paramedics there.

It took me a bit to really translate all that in my head. I looked towards where the window was and all i saw was everyone near the window slowly creeping back. it was very creepy. We started to head to our seat another way, and found a worker with a radio to get them to call it in to try to get help quicker since not even seeing it, we would have just been gawkers.

Believe me when i say, i think everyone there wishes they could have helped him in some way, and if we knew, I am sure someone would have at the least tackled him to stop it. It was all just so quick and there were no signs of anything about to happen.

My wife and I were also in the immediate area when this happened. We didn't see him actually go out or what may have led to it, but the sound of the glass breaking caused us to turn that way. My first thought was that something got thrown in from the outside. I think I was the first one to get to the hole & looked out. Saw the man on the sidewalk a few seconds before any bystanders/security/police or anyone ran to him. Just a terrible thing to see. I also can still hear the sound from the glass busting. A loud "pop" - nothing like the sound a drinking glass would make when it drops to the floor.

I'm kind of glad you mentioned the pop. As what confused me was that. I orginally though someone fell from the floor above becase of the pop and it wasn't a crash.
I was also thinking that I was remebering it wrong, but I didn't think that was likely

I think the popping sound was caused by the double panes of glass in the window and the gas (I think its argon) that is sealed in between them. Provides better insulating qualities.
I live with fear and danger everyday. But, occasionally, I leave her to fight a fire.
starlite
Junior Boarder

#8180 3 years, 4 months ago
I AM CAPITOLIZING THIS POST TO SAY YOU ALL SHOULD BE MOSTLY PROUD OF THE POSTS HERE. ALL. "OTHER SITES" SEEM TO BELIEVE THEY HAVE ANY RIGHT AT ALL TO JUDGE, THINK, FEEL, BE, MAKE LIGHT, NAME CALL (CRAZY PEOPLE) AND THEIR ASSORTED PEA BRAINS WHO HAVE NO PLACE SPEAK IN PLACE OF THIS BOY.
TO BE ANYTHING BUT LOVING, SUPPOTIVE AND GRIEVE FOR HIS FAMILY AND FIRENDS is unallowed in my world.
HERE HERE FURTHUR SITE.
NO ONE FELT WHATEVER HE FELT AT THE MOMENT FOR WHATEVER REASON.
IT IS A GOOD FEELING TO SEE SO MANY BE REAL AND NOT 'LOSERS' WHO POST NOTHING THEY KNOW ABOUT.
I do hope that it was not saddness and he knew what would happen. I hope it was a "rush" of an urge. I know all too well how strong the feeling can be that "with 1 act, I can make all my pain go away." All too well.
Rarely do we walk in each ther's shoes in the cyber wolrd but so many attack, bully and spead lies. Even to deceased! OMG.
May the arms of the angels hold this handsome young man for all eternity and his family and friends find strength in these earl years to come.
I was there. At the bottom of the escalotor. And FYI, that glass was paper thin and that is unaccpetable to a new building in this day and age of risk, weather, humans and heigth.
((to Furthur site & healing to all--always))
kryskros
Fresh Boarder

#8279 3 years, 4 months ago
CosmicChuckD wrote:
I saw on the news this morning that the toxicology report came back and they found some mushrooms in his system.

No you did not see this report - you either made this post up, or are perpetuating some bullshit from some other idiot! Toxicology reports take weeks...stop being an asshole and just shut up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pwhitty
Mrs Deviled Egg
Fresh Boarder

#8285 3 years, 4 months ago
Harold of the Rocks wrote:
In my experience, there's "bad stuff" at every single show. In fact, the venues sell it. It's called ALCOHOL.

None of the drugs you buy in the parking lot will cause bravado the way alcohol does. Everyone thinks this kid was drugged out of his mind. The old "LSD makes you think you can fly" farce.

He was 19, and his Dad probably bought him a couple of beers.

My view is that since he was at this show with his Dad, he probably was not under the influence of psychedelics. It was probably Iron City Light that gave him a sense of invincibility.

Absolutely!

I LOVE venues that DO NOT sell ALCOHOL! I know venues think they need those alcohol sales, and I love that Furthur has at least gotten rid of the tanks in the parking lot for the most part, but it would be so nice to not go to shows with drunk people. Drinking these days at shows has just gotten out of control... it just makes people soooo inconsiderate. I have been PUNCHED at Furthur for not letting drunk people push past me (literally just holding my ground while still dancing) near the front (because I protect the nice strangers in those first 3 rows so they don't have to stop dancing and deal with the drunk people). sad stuff.

but whatever the cause, this is a very horrible thing, and my heart goes out to everyone that was at the show and the kid's family.... just awful.
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds