• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
esfc85
Junior Boarder

Re: Teen plunges 30 feet to death (from MSNBC )

#7764 3 years, 4 months ago
erockpgh wrote:
DancingSinginggirl wrote:
now Im reading that he catually never went into a "footbal stance" and a bit of a different story ... here are some of the other posts,on what happenned at the show\
" I was also right there when ity happened but I didn't see it occur. It was about 5 minutes into setbreak and I saw a girl I know very well balling and hysterical. In fact, I stood right there when a cop interviewed her 2 minutes after it happened. FWIW---she did not say he yelled hike but that he ran back and forth through the lobby/concession area and then just ran and launched himself head forst through the window, which, BTW was only 3 feet from the ground. He had to have been very low to the ground to have done this. Nobody could have stopped him or "talked him down", as it happened before anyone even knew what was going on. His friends said he was kinda of a joker/prankster type and it seems that he might have just been goofing around and didn't realize he could go throught it or something like that. In any event, it's not even clear he was "on" anything---he was there with his Dad as well--he may have just been screwing around and had a very horrible accident. It definitely is not the band, his friends or anyone's fault as unless you had a crystal ball and knew this was gonna happen no one could have done anything. The window was also in a corner area so it was kinda out of the way and off to the side of the area. Terrible tragedy but it's definitely not clear what exactly happened especially in relation to possible intoxicants. He may have been totally sober for all we know." either way it ia horrible tragedy ... oo

I think it was a bit furthur into the set break, but not more than 10 or 15 minutes. I got a water, and while i was walking back to section 105 (where he jumped out) to head down to the floor, the dude was running in the hallways. Really not something out of the ordinary, then we heard the crash. With it being that quick, there was no way anyone could help it out, especially if the only sign of what to come was him running around.

I didn't know he was the one who jumped till someone came back to the seats.

it was all so quick, and there was no yell. I only heard the crash. I was 20-30 feet away and really didn't see it. A kid (security) came running our way, stopped a worker who was near us as was in a panic and was saying someone jumped, and he needed to get the paramedics there.

It took me a bit to really translate all that in my head. I looked towards where the window was and all i saw was everyone near the window slowly creeping back. it was very creepy. We started to head to our seat another way, and found a worker with a radio to get them to call it in to try to get help quicker since not even seeing it, we would have just been gawkers.

Believe me when i say, i think everyone there wishes they could have helped him in some way, and if we knew, I am sure someone would have at the least tackled him to stop it. It was all just so quick and there were no signs of anything about to happen.

My wife and I were also in the immediate area when this happened. We didn't see him actually go out or what may have led to it, but the sound of the glass breaking caused us to turn that way. My first thought was that something got thrown in from the outside. I think I was the first one to get to the hole & looked out. Saw the man on the sidewalk a few seconds before any bystanders/security/police or anyone ran to him. Just a terrible thing to see. I also can still hear the sound from the glass busting. A loud "pop" - nothing like the sound a drinking glass would make when it drops to the floor.
I live with fear and danger everyday. But, occasionally, I leave her to fight a fire.
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#7791 3 years, 4 months ago
CosmicChuckD wrote:
I saw on the news this morning that the toxicology report came back and they found some mushrooms in his system.

Had a bad feeling psychedelics were involved. Peace and condolences to his family and friends. Really hope people who do ingest know enough to handle things and surround themselves with loving friends who can aid them to a good place and not have such tragic occurrences. Most "bad" trips (if that is what this was) can be remedied with a little help from your friends.
Light up or leave me alone!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7797 3 years, 4 months ago
this kids friend posted on here yesterday and said he didn't use drugs n stuff but that he was a diebetic and had a diebetic attack or something........Considering the state of mind that this kids friend said he was in - mushrooms would not have been a good choice at all.

Anybody have a link or something to confirm that the autopsy showed mushrooms in his system? I'm pretty sure they would of worded it as "Psilocybin was found in his system" also and not "mushrooms found in his system" but I could very well be wrong.....
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#7800 3 years, 4 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
this kids friend posted on here yesterday and said he didn't use drugs n stuff but that he was a diebetic and had a diebetic attack or something........Considering the state of mind that this kids friend said he was in - mushrooms would not have been a good choice at all.

Anybody have a link or something to confirm that the autopsy showed mushrooms in his system? I'm pretty sure they would of worded it as "Psilocybin was found in his system" also and not "mushrooms found in his system" but I could very well be wrong.....

Isn't psilocybin the active ingredient in magic mushrooms? These aren't portabello mushrooms I suppose.
Duh, I re read your post....Got it, guess you would know the active ingred
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Colorado Greg.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#7802 3 years, 4 months ago
Yea it is obviously......what I meant is that I don't think they would use the term "mushrooms found in system" on the news which makes me wonder if that news report ever happened..........I heard nothing else about an autopsy report.
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#7806 3 years, 4 months ago
I follow your logic, like if they distinguished between paper or liquid! Probably the media would just report LSD.
erockpgh
Fresh Boarder

#7975 3 years, 4 months ago
esfc85 wrote:
erockpgh wrote:
now Im reading that he catually never went into a "footbal stance" and a bit of a different story ... here are some of the other posts,on what happenned at the show\
" I was also right there when ity happened but I didn't see it occur. It was about 5 minutes into setbreak and I saw a girl I know very well balling and hysterical. In fact, I stood right there when a cop interviewed her 2 minutes after it happened. FWIW---she did not say he yelled hike but that he ran back and forth through the lobby/concession area and then just ran and launched himself head forst through the window, which, BTW was only 3 feet from the ground. He had to have been very low to the ground to have done this. Nobody could have stopped him or "talked him down", as it happened before anyone even knew what was going on. His friends said he was kinda of a joker/prankster type and it seems that he might have just been goofing around and didn't realize he could go throught it or something like that. In any event, it's not even clear he was "on" anything---he was there with his Dad as well--he may have just been screwing around and had a very horrible accident. It definitely is not the band, his friends or anyone's fault as unless you had a crystal ball and knew this was gonna happen no one could have done anything. The window was also in a corner area so it was kinda out of the way and off to the side of the area. Terrible tragedy but it's definitely not clear what exactly happened especially in relation to possible intoxicants. He may have been totally sober for all we know." either way it ia horrible tragedy ... oo

I think it was a bit furthur into the set break, but not more than 10 or 15 minutes. I got a water, and while i was walking back to section 105 (where he jumped out) to head down to the floor, the dude was running in the hallways. Really not something out of the ordinary, then we heard the crash. With it being that quick, there was no way anyone could help it out, especially if the only sign of what to come was him running around.

it was all so quick, and there was no yell. I only heard the crash. I was 20-30 feet away and really didn't see it. A kid (security) came running our way, stopped a worker who was near us as was in a panic and was saying someone jumped, and he needed to get the paramedics there.

It took me a bit to really translate all that in my head. I looked towards where the window was and all i saw was everyone near the window slowly creeping back. it was very creepy. We started to head to our seat another way, and found a worker with a radio to get them to call it in to try to get help quicker since not even seeing it, we would have just been gawkers.

Believe me when i say, i think everyone there wishes they could have helped him in some way, and if we knew, I am sure someone would have at the least tackled him to stop it. It was all just so quick and there were no signs of anything about to happen.

My wife and I were also in the immediate area when this happened. We didn't see him actually go out or what may have led to it, but the sound of the glass breaking caused us to turn that way. My first thought was that something got thrown in from the outside. I think I was the first one to get to the hole & looked out. Saw the man on the sidewalk a few seconds before any bystanders/security/police or anyone ran to him. Just a terrible thing to see. I also can still hear the sound from the glass busting. A loud "pop" - nothing like the sound a drinking glass would make when it drops to the floor.

I'm kind of glad you mentioned the pop. As what confused me was that. I orginally though someone fell from the floor above becase of the pop and it wasn't a crash.
I was also thinking that I was remebering it wrong, but I didn't think that was likely
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#8003 3 years, 4 months ago
Thats what haunts me the most -- the noise the breaking of the window made. It was so surreal. I thought someone had shot out a window or something. I dun think I woulda' looked out the hole if iI'da know dude jumped. Seeing him on the concrete was surreal.
Mr.Miner
Fresh Boarder

#8019 3 years, 3 months ago
His name was Joseph Kimutis and we should all send his family good prayers/mediation and healing vibes.
esfc85
Junior Boarder

#8105 3 years, 3 months ago
erockpgh wrote:
esfc85 wrote:
erockpgh wrote:

I'm kind of glad you mentioned the pop. As what confused me was that. I orginally though someone fell from the floor above becase of the pop and it wasn't a crash.
I was also thinking that I was remebering it wrong, but I didn't think that was likely

I think the popping sound was caused by the double panes of glass in the window and the gas (I think its argon) that is sealed in between them. Provides better insulating qualities.
I live with fear and danger everyday. But, occasionally, I leave her to fight a fire.
Time to create page: 0.94 seconds