• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DancingSinginggirl
Fresh Boarder
Play On Keep Listening

Teen plunges 30 feet to death (from MSNBC )

#6910 3 years, 5 months ago
Teen plunges 30 feet to death during concert

[this morning - from MSNBC : ]
PITTSBURGH —Teen plunges 30 feet to death during concert
Victim reportedly got down in a football stance, yelled 'hike' and charged toward window at Pittsburgh arena
A man plunged to his death after he crashed through a window at an arena during a concert, police said.
..The Allegheny County medical examiner's office identified the man as 19-year-old Joseph Kimutis, of McDonald. He had been rushed to a hospital after smashing through a window at the Peterson Events Center on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.
He fell about 30 feet, officials said.The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that Kimutis had attended the event with his father.
Pittsburgh police are checking on a report that Kimutis got down in a football stance, yelled "hike," and then charged toward a double-paned window.
Police Lt. Daniel Herrmann told the Post-Gazette that the glass was about an inch thick.
'A little out of it'
According to the newspaper, he plunged to "a sloped hillside bordering a cement walkway."
Herrmann said Kimutis was reportedly "a little out of it." Toxicology reports are pending. Kimutis' death happened during a concert by Furthur, a band that includes two former Grateful Dead members.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDowling
DancingSinginggirl
Fresh Boarder
Play On Keep Listening

Re: Teen plunges 30 feet to death (from MSNBC )

#6912 3 years, 5 months ago
this is such sad awful news
for our community
please watch out for each other at the shows,
its so sad
wish someone couldve talked to him... talked him down..
OO
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#6914 3 years, 5 months ago
Yes seriously, we need to all watch out for each other, not good for the community, but rip, my best goes out to his family
DancingSinginggirl
Fresh Boarder
Play On Keep Listening

#6916 3 years, 5 months ago
I have been at a ton of Furthur shows, In the past two weeks, 4 at Bestbuy in NY NY and Tuesday night I wient to Binghamton, I have seen some very" experienced " people, having some very serious hallucinations.
We have to watch out for each other , espescially those aren't "experienced"
this is an awful tragedy for our community...
love and comfort to ALL
OO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#6918 3 years, 5 months ago
maybe some bad stuff circulating
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#6940 3 years, 5 months ago
I dunno... There wasnt any commotion. I dun think he was freaking out or anyhting. Ther ewas no yelling, no rukus, nothing. Just crash through the window. Fucking tragic. Still so shell shocked...
DancingSinginggirl
Fresh Boarder
Play On Keep Listening

#6946 3 years, 5 months ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
I dunno... There wasnt any commotion. I dun think he was freaking out or anyhting. Ther ewas no yelling, no rukus, nothing. Just crash through the window. Fucking tragic. Still so shell shocked...
Im so sorry baby - you were right there werent ya ? ((DH4Obama)) ... we will find out, for sure... just stay home or with friends, and let the shock wear off.... huggs to you ! OO
erockpgh
Fresh Boarder

#6950 3 years, 5 months ago
DancingSinginggirl wrote:
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
Im so sorry baby - you were right there werent ya ? ((DH4Obama)) ... we will find out, for sure... just stay home or with friends, and let the shock wear off.... huggs to you ! OO

just to add to this, I was about 15 feet away when it happened, I didn't see it, but heard it. There was no warning that this was about to happen, the only warning was he was running the halls at full speed. then as quick as could be, just ran for the window and dived. (I was with people who were right there)

I wish there was something anyone could have done, but really there wasn't

sad thing for sure.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#6961 3 years, 5 months ago
Watch your surroundings!!!
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#6962 3 years, 5 months ago
I am hip to the scene and I'm not sure of any bad stuff in a LONG time.The bad stuff happens within!!If you are not in a good place to begin with don't do it that night.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds