• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Steve Jobs passed away.

#69103 3 years ago
On the lighter side, many years ago. I got on a list to do focus group studies. They would pay me about $50 or $100 cash to listen to a presentation, usually about new products and give our thoughts.

One produce was an all enclosed computer and monitor. I thought it was terrible. I was used to upgrading something if it broke. I thought it would never sell, if the screen broke you had to buy a whole new computer, not just a new monitor.

Turns out this was Apples first try in the PC market. While I still don't like all in one PC's (these were not portable laptops and they were more money than a PC) boy was I wrong as they obviously sold very well.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Dead Letters
Fresh Boarder

so sorry about your mom, Laura

#69105 3 years ago
Terrible thing to lose one's mom at all, and to such an awful disease. My heart goes out to you.--Mary
The following user(s) said Thank You: LBDowling
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: so sorry about your mom, Laura

#69275 3 years ago
I'm guessing He's Gone in the second set was the nod to Steve Jobs
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Steve Jobs passed away.

#69280 3 years ago
JP Barlow has had some interesting tweets since the announcement. In chronological order over the past 24:

The world just became a less interesting place.

I never met anyone who could induce such a strong impulse to both hug and slug him.

I learned of Steve's death over dinner with Bud Tribble, head of the Mac team & co-founder with him of NeXT. Perfect.

If Stradivarius had possessed the means of mass production, he would have been the Steve Jobs of the 18th Century.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds