• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Steve Jobs passed away.

#68765 2 years, 9 months ago
Co-Founder of Apple computers, and from what I know a hell of a good guy for someone running such a large successful empire. Steve was on a leave of absense to fight his illness (Cancer - sux). He was pretty private but I know he believed in natural healing.

They say he was very similar to Walt Disney, a visionary with a dream.

RIP Steve
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

Re: Steve Jobs passed away.

#68780 2 years, 9 months ago
Its actually pretty sad, as I type here on my mac. He seemed like a good guy.

www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/us/obit-steve-job...ef=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

^
Says backpacking across india and taking psychedelic drugs helped form his creative vision. interesting.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Shakeit.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#68785 2 years, 9 months ago
Shakeit wrote:
Its actually pretty sad, as I type here on my mac. He seemed like a good guy.

www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/us/obit-steve-job...ef=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

^
Says backpacking across india and taking psychedelic drugs helped form his creative vision. interesting.

I read a quote somewhere that when asked about Bill Gates, Jobs said Gates was too stiff and he should drop some acid. People constantly pass away but for some reason I feel this one a bit worse. Maybe because Steve was a down to earth guy. Wearing Jeans to the shareholders meetings, being a visionary and making good things happen.

And his products are great. I freak when I lose my ipod touch or my ipod. He turned Apple around too.

brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#68819 2 years, 9 months ago
FUCK CANCER
GOOD LOVE
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#68834 2 years, 9 months ago
Right now I'm using my iPhone to read the forum, while listening to the Cardinals post game on my Mac. R.I.P. Steve Jobs.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#68965 2 years, 9 months ago
St. Peter to Steve Jobs at the Pearly Gates: Hi Steve, you've had a great life. Welcome to Heaven.

Steve Jobs: I've already got an App for that.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#68966 2 years, 9 months ago
Cool obit/bio on Jobs from Wired

www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/10/jobs/all/1

The turmoil in those sixties was also part of his make-up. “We wanted to more richly experience why were we were alive,” he said of his generation, “not just make a better life, and so people went in search of things. The great thing that came from those that time was to realize that there was definitely more to life than the materialism of the late 50’s and early sixties. We were going in search of something deeper.”

He went to Reed, a well-regarded liberal arts school known as a hippie haven, but dropped out after a semester, choosing to audit courses informally. (Including a class on calligraphy that would come in very handy in later years.) Jobs also took LSD in those years, and would claim that those experiences affected his outlook permanently and positively. After leaving Oregon, he traveled to India. All of these experiences had an effect on the way he saw the world — and the way he would make products to change that world.
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#69044 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, Pancreatic Cancer is brutal... lost my mother to it this year as well. Sad part about the disease is that symptoms are pretty benign and by the time anyone knows they have it, the disease has usually progressed pretty far and it is usually inoperable. If anyone feels compelled to donate to a cause, the Pancreatic Action Network is a worthy one. Hopefully Steve remembers them in his will... Steve has enriched our lives with technology, and this would certainly save lives.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by LBDowling.
Dead Letters
Fresh Boarder

#69099 2 years, 9 months ago
Mary here--back in the day, when Steve was at NeXT and I was the editor of a computer magazine and life was surreal, it came to pass that Barlow (yup, John Perry Barlow, who was going around hobnobbing with bigshots and I was printing the results) did an interview with him and I went along to flip the tapes and see that it didn't run off the rails, which was a distinct possibility... One of the more memorable interludes, believe me.

He had his company back and saw the writing on the wall for long enough that I hope he's laid a good foundation for Apple to still be Apple without him, as it would be a pretty tragic betrayal if it failed to be.

Typing, as I am, on my MacBook.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#69101 2 years, 9 months ago
Here's a short spot by ABC news which contains a bit of his Stanford commencement speech from 1995 "Live every day as if it was your last". Amen Brother. Words to live by.

Sorry to hear about your mom LBD. I also lost a friend in April 2010 from this terrible disease. It was horrible to hear the diagnosis that you have X years to live (his was less than 1 according to the doctors). But he was a fighter, and he willed himself to stay alive for almost 3 years. In the end death was a welcome ending. Fucking merciless disease.

Yes, Fuck Cancer, Cancer sucks.

LBD you may want to share your story in the good works section of this site with a link for people to give if they care to.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LBDowling
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds