• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Genshu
Junior Boarder

Re: Billy Kreutzmanns' comment about furthur

#69463 2 years, 11 months ago
I love Furthur, and the new drummer, but I also miss Bill and Mickey dearly.
Smacks11
Fresh Boarder

#69504 2 years, 11 months ago
Have any of you Russo haters actually scene him play?? This guy is incredible and can handle the dead catalog in his sleep. he's got chops for days. There really isn't any comparison with Russo vs billy and Mickey. Bill and Mickey wrote the parts and Russo perfected them and took it to a new level.

I think the Russo haters just need to hate on something that's not the original band. I guarantee those of you who say they wish they had jay lane back were saying they hated him when he joined Ratdog. There is always going to be something.

Quit hating and start appreciating what we get to see!!
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#69527 2 years, 11 months ago
Billy also said in a article that he stated that they werent doin anything that he had never even listened or been to one show either. i think he was just more pissed bout certain situations and taking it out that way.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#70021 2 years, 11 months ago
im just glad donna is not there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder, doin_that_rag, 23atwell, BigBabyViper
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#70042 2 years, 11 months ago
'scuse me, but i think billy has very good reason to be pissed and i'm tired of seeing folks put him down for it. if you had a "bro" for three decades with whom you thought you had a "thicker than blood" connection who then turned around and stabbed you in the back so he could make more bucks for himself, and then rubbed your face in it, you'd prolly be pretty damned pissed also. blows my mind how many folks are ignorant or in denial about this and support phil treating a fellow creator of grateful dead music this way...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#70043 2 years, 11 months ago
mandala wrote:
'scuse me, but i think billy has very good reason to be pissed and i'm tired of seeing folks put him down for it. if you had a "bro" for three decades with whom you thought you had a "thicker than blood" connection who then turned around and stabbed you in the back so he could make more bucks for himself, and then rubbed your face in it, you'd prolly be pretty damned pissed also. blows my mind how many folks are ignorant or in denial about this and support phil treating a fellow creator of grateful dead music this way...

so just because Phil and Bobby wanted there own band and a new sound without Mickey and Bill that means he 'stabbed him in the back'?
7 Walkers was already in the works when Furthur was formed so Bill had other plans to begin with, Phil didn't 'stab him in the back'.... your arguement is pretty lame
kmoffat
Junior Boarder

#70044 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree whole heartedly with Shakeit. I saw plenty of Dead '09 and catch every Furthur show I can because it's just that good. Furthur is living up to their name with tight playing, spacey jams, new arrangements and songs. Of course, we'd all like to have Jerry back but Furthur is right up there and we're very lucky to have these opportunities to see and hear them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: craze
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#70052 2 years, 11 months ago
It sucks there has to be all the drama. I guess Ive never taken any "sides" Ill take both please...?

I can see where Bill would be a little frustrated with the whole situation, but the bottom line is.. Billys playing would never work with Furthur. I mean obviously they could make it work but it would not be nearly as special as it is right now. Russo is like my favorite part of the whole entire band!! The unique sound they are coming out with would never be obtained with billy on drums.. sorry.

On the other hand.. I absolutely love 7 walkers. Their down low dirty south sound just totally flows with billys playing. Its very raw and organic.

Im glad their doing their separate things.. it just sucks their has to be the drama. shit like this happens when any band breaks up.. let alone the Grateful freaking Dead.

I dont think it is about the money, has it ever been about the money with these guys? I think Bob just simply wanted a different sound. If Billy feels salty because hes not selling out red rocks then I guess I have no sympathy. Because I LOVE what hes doing and it shouldnt really matter if there is 100 people or 10,000 people at the show.
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
kfender
Gold Boarder

#70106 2 years, 11 months ago
How about Billy seeming bored on the '09 tour.Maybe he wanted to do his own thing?Either way many people were turned onto the brilliance of Joe Russo.Is that such a bad thing?I think not
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#70130 2 years, 11 months ago
mandala wrote:

Just out of curiousity, are you part of the Grateful Dead inner circle? How do you know how they treat each other and feel about each other? You might want to think twice about stating your personal conjecture as if it is fact. I'm not judging, just saying.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds