• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: anyone have changes of heart on particular songs?

#68613 2 years, 10 months ago
I never cared for lost sailor til I heard it live in broomfield. Last nights show I was into china doll which I don't care to much about, that's one song I know will grow one me. Maggie farm last night was smoking. I usually don't care for that song.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#68622 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Maybe some day I'll start liking Corinna too, but not yet, and I have no hope for VOTC.

I totally agree about Victim. I heard a story about a guy who kept yelling "You're the crime Bobby! You're the crime!" after Bobby sang "Am I the victim or the crime?" A little harsh, but it made me laugh.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#68642 2 years, 10 months ago
the thing i think that's interesting is some people say jerry would be sick if he saw what furthur was doing to his music, but i disagree cause from some of my experience and from some of you all's it seems sometimes being shown the music in a different light can somewhat open your eyes to it and help you appreciate certain songs you long looked over or skipped past and because of that i think jerry would love that phil and bobby are helping to spread the music to as many open ears as they can
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#68644 2 years, 10 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
the thing i think that's interesting is some people say jerry would be sick if he saw what furthur was doing to his music, but i disagree cause from some of my experience and from some of you all's it seems sometimes being shown the music in a different light can somewhat open your eyes to it and help you appreciate certain songs you long looked over or skipped past and because of that i think jerry would love that phil and bobby are helping to spread the music to as many open ears as they can

I don't think he would hate it at all. I think Jerry was ready to go a different way musically. He loved playing with Grisman.

My song I was hating on was Playin in the band but I really am digging it again.

Standing on a tower
World at my command
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by brokenarrow.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#68647 2 years, 10 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
doin_that_rag wrote:

I don't think he would hate it at all. I think Jerry was ready to go a different way musically. He loved playing with Grisman.

My song I was hating on was Playin in the band but I really am digging it again.

Standing on a tower
World at my command

i don't think jerry would hate it at all either i've just heard people say that from time to time and i thought it was pretty interesting but i'm really digging playin' lately too, for better or worse it is weird not hearing the donna screams when i hear furthur play it
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#68650 2 years, 10 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
another one for me was SOTM i never really "got" it until i heard bob pour his heart into it...i know some people have given bob flack for singing some jerry ballads but when he sings "a lovely view of heaven, but i'd rather be with you, be with you" it is so emotional...both times i heard bob sing it live i had a few tears rolling down my face it was so heartfelt

thats the strangest thing I've ever heard in my life.....If you really want to get this song, try this at volume 11 (one of my favorite jerry moments every which is maybe why I have such a hard time stomaching Bobbys version)

www.archive.org/details/gd1993-08-21.fm.albright.87555.flac16
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#68654 2 years, 10 months ago
i'm not necessarily saying i prefer bobby's version to jerry's i'm just saying that seeing the song in a different light helped me fully appreciate the power of that song and thank you for the link
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#68655 2 years, 10 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i'm not necessarily saying i prefer bobby's version to jerry's i'm just saying that seeing the song in a different light helped me fully appreciate the power of that song and thank you for the link

right on that makes sense...that version I linked is what made me a lifelong deadhead in 93, sublime!
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#68657 2 years, 10 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
doin_that_rag wrote:

right on that makes sense...that version I linked is what made me a lifelong deadhead in 93, sublime!

just finished listening to it jerry nailed it that was an incredible version thanks again for the link
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtherOne
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#68664 2 years, 10 months ago
For me it was West LA Fadeaway. I never liked it until I heard Bob sing it with Furthur. It sounds more slinky and greasy than the GD version.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds