• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sneakyjack
Junior Boarder

Re: Crazy Happenings in Pitt.

#6804 3 years ago
From twitter - NOT ME NOT CONFIRMED!
He stole a beer, someone told him "that shit aint cool" and he ran through a window. No word on whether he lived. #furthur
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#6805 3 years ago
There's someone on Phil zone claiming that news reports say this person is in critical condition.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#6831 3 years ago
Confirmed it's on the news now.
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#6836 3 years ago
This sucks.

Poor guy. I hope he ends up being ok. Sending positive thoughts his way------->
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones
sneakyjack
Junior Boarder

#6843 3 years ago
A man in his early 20s suffered critical head injuries after he fell or jumped through a window while attending a concert at the Petersen Events Center in Oakland Wednesday night, according to emergency dispatchers.

A concertgoer said he saw a hole in a window and estimated that the man fell between 30 and 40 feet to the sidewalk below.

Authorities did not identify the injured man, who was taken to UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland. Pittsburgh homicide detectives were called to the scene to investigate the incident, which occurred shortly after 9 p.m.

A concert by the band “Furthur,” which features two of the original members of the "Grateful Dead,” was taking place at Petersen.
sneakyjack
Junior Boarder

#6844 3 years ago
Man injured after fall from Petersen Events Center window
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
By Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pittsburgh police are investigating the fall of a 20-year-old man through a fourth floor window at the Petersen Events Center on the University of Pittsburgh campus in Oakland.

Lt. Dan Herrmann said that the young man, who police believe was attending a Furthur concert with his father, went through the window around 9 p.m. and fell to a sloped hillside bordering a cement walkway. Police said they were not sure whether he landed on the hillside or the cement, as they cordoned off the scene and took measurements. He fell near Terrace Street, just across from the entrance to Pitt School of Medicine's Scaife Hall.

The man was taken to UPMC Presbyterian, where he is critical condition with head injuries.

Lt. Herrmann said that there had been at least one witness who said the man appeared to have gotten into a three-point stance, "like a football player," yelled "Hike!" and charged the window, which he estimated was an inch thick and double-paned. Police are looking for more witnesses. He added that the man's father was with him at the hospital and they do not suspect foul play.

Toxicology reports are pending.

Hundreds of similar windows, about three feet by six feet wide, make up the building's front facade. Lt. Herrmann said the windows are safe.

Dan Majors: dmajors@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1456

Read more: www.post-gazette.com/pg/11089/1136022-100.stm#ixzz1I958Esy9
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#6850 3 years ago
Dam that is unfortunate, i hope everything is well for this guy
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds