• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

Re: Red Rocks Pics

#67846 2 years, 11 months ago
There are only like 6 or 8 cottages there. I'd like to keep it low key.. one cottage though does sleep 8-10.. and has the larger hot tub and patio with fence...we love the honeymoon cottage but may want to do the larger one next time with a few people...each cottage has its own theme. All have hot tubs..

I made the mistake of showing a .org person where it was... lovely people..but kicking myself now becuase I dont want to have to fight for this place next time...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#67849 2 years, 11 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
There are only like 6 or 8 cottages there. I'd like to keep it low key.. one cottage though does sleep 8-10.. and has the larger hot tub and patio with fence...we love the honeymoon cottage but may want to do the larger one next time with a few people...each cottage has its own theme. All have hot tubs..

I made the mistake of showing a .org person where it was... lovely people..but kicking myself now becuase I dont want to have to fight for this place next time...

Or you could just post the picture of bacon and eggs guy, and that might take care of the competition for a room. ; )
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#67851 2 years, 11 months ago
there is one maid there. She's been there for over 10 yrs... she is amazing. She cooks all of the breakfasts herself and delivers them to your cottage in the morning...and then picks up the dishes...she is a hard worker.. cleans when you want, gets you whatever you need...so we left her a nice tip...I wish I could have given here more...

edit to add: each breakfast was different, all has fresh OJ, and a fresh fruit.. like raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, grapes.. eggs, waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and one morning we had a mexican fritata I think..like an breakfast pie kind of thing..
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by gr8fuljen.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#67852 2 years, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:

Or you could just post the picture of bacon and eggs guy, and that might take care of the competition for a room. ; )

LOL.. OR.. posting his pic may increase demand because of freaks like us...
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#67903 2 years, 11 months ago
Gr8 funny stories. Thanks for sharing. Except for Mr. Bacon and eggs, that picture was a bit disturbing so was the thought of some of these naked peeps (crackhead, etc), especially jumping in your hot tub. Free balloon delivery service was funny too. Gotta love that stuff. I can see DH420 and that crew fitting right in.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but can someone tell me what this picture is? Furthur posted this picture and it looks cool. Maybe it's a concession stand with a funky camera angle?

411679086.jpg
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#67967 2 years, 11 months ago
Scar/Fire that was the Furthur vending area inside the venue. The naked dude jumped in our neighbors big hot tub not ours thank god LOL...one other note to get to heaven you gotta climb... they should warn you to get in shape BEFORE arriving at Red Rocks.. you gotta walk up a giant mountain to get in -- my feet and legs are destroyed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#68555 2 years, 11 months ago
Did you really go to the spaceship house?! ARE YOU KIDDING ABOUT THIS PART?

That shit is legendary, not just in colorado, but all over. It was in Woody Allens film 'Sleeper' and built specifically for it, then redone. If it is the one I speak of, it overlooks I-70, and is freaking incredible.

Please tell me this is the house. I have dreamed of living in it for years.
Attachments:
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#68558 2 years, 11 months ago
Not sure if thats the house.. we were there in the dark so hard to see outside.. it was up on a mountain overlooking everything...all the windows were like ovals...it was so dark outside, I could only see what was in front of me but inside was the most amazing home I have ever seen...
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#68586 2 years, 11 months ago
terrapin_blue wrote:

That shit is legendary, not just in colorado, but all over. It was in Woody Allens film 'Sleeper' and built specifically for it, then redone. If it is the one I speak of, it overlooks I-70, and is freaking incredible.

That is correct.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#68605 2 years, 11 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
terrapin_blue wrote:

That is correct.

I wondered when you were describing it if that was the house- that really is about the best story of all! I always thought it would be so fun to stay there, too. I've got a picture of that house taken when driving up to Vail for a high school ski trip in '78. Always liked Sleeper anyway, but especially after that. So am I understanding correctly that the folks that run the B & B also own the Sleeper house?? Do they rent out rooms in the latter? Too cool!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by SunshineSue.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds