• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Red Rocks 10.2.11 Best yet?

#68560 2 years, 10 months ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
I probably met you or at least saw you as we were in that area all three nights as well.

And Lori (if that's her name), damn she's one fine lady. She moves very unlike a white woman. I had the pleasure of dancing with her for a while on Saturday. Like I said, her husband is one lucky SOB...

A damn fine lady, + an awesome runner.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#68561 2 years, 10 months ago
Hell I thought Friday was better than Saturday. Sorry to disagree with everyone. Probably helps that I was on the back of the stage that night. Saturday was like they were trying too hard or something and the result was that it fell flat, especially the first set. It did get better as the second set progressed. I will agree Sunday overall was tight. None of the RR shows hold a candle to the 3 in Broomfield earlier this year.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#68565 2 years, 10 months ago
Nice avatar Denver Man!
All You Need
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#68568 2 years, 10 months ago
That second set Saturday was not just a concert but a truly mind blowing experience. It's 4 days later and I am still trying to internally digest how amazing it was. I have seen a lot of shows, and think
It was one of the best ( any band) 2 hours of music ever produced. The jams were completely organic. I just kept thinking this set is crazy, and having no idea where they were going to go next. I feel blessed to have been there for that set, because I don't think we will ever see anything like that again.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#68608 2 years, 10 months ago
I was there all three. Saturday's Set 2 was so psychedelic and amazing, both the playing and the setlist, that I did not think it could be topped. Sunday's Set 2 might have been just as good, but in a dance-groove kind of way. I can't decide which was better. One thing is for sure. I saw the Grateful Dead at Red Rocks in 1985 and from what I remember about that, I enjoyed Furthur last weekend every bit at much as I did my last time at Red Rocks 26 years ago!!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
Time to create page: 2.00 seconds