• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Red Rocks 10.2.11 Best yet?

#67571 2 years, 9 months ago
I think I have a new leader in the club house as far as favorite shows. Couldn't believe they could top Second Set Saturday, but Sunday was better top to bottom. Inspired playing second set. Jerry was in the house.

good versions already up on archive

www.archive.org/details/Furthur2011-10-02.C-481
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

Re: Red Rocks 10.2.11 Best yet?

#67595 2 years, 9 months ago
Agree 100%. Saturday 2nd set was amazing but last night was strong. A bit short it felt like but they hit all the right notes and Phil was fucking on fire.

Unbroken Chain was so tight. A damn fine way to end the long weekend.
All You Need
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#67676 2 years, 9 months ago
i have to agree, i've seen all 8 of the tour and last night was hands down the best all around...but if i had to pick 1 favorite set, it would be saturday nights 2nd
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#67714 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree with Lewis. Overall Saturday was the better second set song wise I felt but show for show, Sunday was where it was at. Phil smoked so hard it wasn't even funny. They seemed a bit off on Saturday compared to Sunday. The Birdsong was killer as was the Rubin, the Miracle, the Unbroken and the Help > Slip. Overall it was a great show.

I apologize for not meeting up with any of the RV crew but I had the dogs and I have my special routine for Red Rocks. I get in line early and wait all day. It's not the most social approach but I was rewarded all three nights with row 9 middle, dancing with these incredibly hot girls from Boulder. I think that was the best three consecutive shows I've seen. Wow.

I would marry that tall blonde if she wasn't already married. Lucky husband that guy is. Damn...
All You Need
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Irrenarzt.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#67765 2 years, 9 months ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
I agree with Lewis. Overall Saturday was the better second set but show for show, Sunday was where it was at. Phil smoked so hard it wasn't even funny. The Birdsong was killer as was the Rubin, the Miracle, the Unbroken and the Help > Slip. Overall it was a great show.

I apologize for not meeting up with any of the RV crew but I had the dogs and I have my special routine for Red Rocks. I get in line early and wait all day. It's not the most social approach but I was rewarded all three nights with row 9 middle, dancing with these incredibly hot girls from Boulder. I think that was the best three consecutive shows I've seen. Wow.

I would marry that tall blonde if she wasn't already married. Lucky husband that guy is. Damn...

I think you might be referring to my friends. I saw someone with your avatar on a shirt. I was 10,9,10 (?) rows. About right center for all. I actually saw your avatar on a shirt. But.....things get foggy. I think you might be referring to Lori I'm guessing.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by strangerinboulder.
Chester
More or less in line

#67769 2 years, 9 months ago
Saturday, and sunday, second sets seem like the best so far of tour.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#67771 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok I'm in the minorty on this one but not alone. Another long time head and friend posted exactly my thoughts on the borg. The first half of set 2 Saturday was an absolute train wreck. Jam>Eclipse>Jam Mountains of the moon Jam...was a half hour of useless noodling... St steve on pretty hot but after an hour set break a half hour of sloppy noodling was not what I was hoping for.IMHO Sunday blew it outta the water. My only gripe from an otherwise Grade A PLUS PLUS PLUS weekend. Sunday was the tits beggining to end.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#67772 2 years, 9 months ago
I would concur. Sunday's show was the best overall.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#67917 2 years, 9 months ago
I probably met you or at least saw you as we were in that area all three nights as well.

And Lori (if that's her name), damn she's one fine lady. She moves very unlike a white woman. I had the pleasure of dancing with her for a while on Saturday. Like I said, her husband is one lucky SOB...
All You Need
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Irrenarzt.
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#68556 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm gonna have to disagree with a lot of people in this thread. I honestly think that second set saturday was better than anything they put out Sunday. I loved Sunday, and it was way more crowd-pleasey. There were a lot of emotional songs, and great classics.

Saturday was a psychedelic fire though, the jams felt so raw and powerful. THAT was something unlike anything I've ever experienced.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds