• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jazfish
Junior Boarder

Re: Hey Phil,,, HepC Folder From Philzone

#3851 3 years, 4 months ago
Bump.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by jazfish.
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#3872 3 years, 4 months ago
Good Morning!

I trust you had a good weekend?

The Hep-C Forum on the PhilZone is growing more and more concerned that the Furthur board will not develop a place for us. Regardless if the PZ is to close or not, all of us would like to see a forum here for us to gather daily and support those in therapy and awaiting liver transplants, as well as a resource to educate. Many in the Grateful Dead community also stop in to provide music, love and support.

This disease and its treatment has as a side effect great anxiety, mental changes and stress only enhances the viruses ability to replicate and remain strong. I would be glad to provide you with the scientific documentation to back up this statement.

The Hep-C forum has long been a standard in our community online and provides us with the means to post the latest in ongoing research, drug trials and a safe haven for us to discuss our daily trials and tribulations.

As you already know, Hep-C and organ donor programs have been a BIG part of Phil's crusade to spread the knowledge of this curable disease. He is the only reason I was treated and recently underwent 48 weeks of therapy resulting in my cure this year of this devastating ailment.

In closing I would like to plea that you open one additional forum in the Community area as soon as possible to address the needs of so many that have come together under the banner of Mr. Lesh and the Grateful Dead. Currently many of us a scared and feel we will shortly be abandoned to our own devices and left with no place to find the solace that so many of us need.

Since 2007 I have posted close to 10,000 times to the Hep-C forum and others have posted many more post than that. Such a forum here would be a very active space.

Sincerely,

Jim Wyatt

whitey-x

Username: docpaleo
Elbert the Mindreader
Fresh Boarder

#4373 3 years, 4 months ago
Wondering if I might get some vibes for my wife, she is having her Pre Transplant Evaluation Monday and Tuesday. She was diagnosed at the Phil blood drive in Sunrise FL in 2001 when we donated. Imagine the Grateful Dead, and Phil specifically, being the cause of finding out you were sick, and after a long hard road maybe being the cause of you getting a new chance at life. She has been on the therapy treatments several times, with no luck. This is our last option.

The last road trip we went on was 2003, every since then she has been fighting the disease, but at our last show back then phil shot his wristband like a rubber band into the crowd and i was waving goodbye like I always do and it came straight into my hand, I didn't even try to catch it. Since then we have only seen P&F once, and Furthur twice last winter.

Somehow I feel we are tied to Phil in some way that I cannot explain. The reason for this is that this whole odyssey began with a Phil blood drive, which was on my wife's birthday. Now 10 years later we are finally at the transplant stage, and the real funny thing is that this PTE will be happening in Charleston, SC. Who do you think shows up in Charleston the same week as the PTE? Phil Lesh. How can I explain that? How often does Phil come to Charleston to play music? Never before now that I know of.

I am hoping that she will feel good enough to attend the show, I can't believe Phil is coming to Charleston at this very time.

Anyhow sorry for being so longwinded, just if you've got any vibes to spare maybe send some out for my wife.

Thanks Phil
judit
Junior Boarder

#4382 3 years, 4 months ago
Elbert the Mind Reader, first, strength to you and your wife. Life presents the most amazing things to us, and with the help of friends and strangers, we find our way. Are you familiar with the Philzone Hep C board? www.philzone.com/hep_c-board.html

This is the exact reason we're asking for one here at furthur.net. The support, information, caring (and yes, love) that we share in the Hep C folder has helped more than a few people through. There is now one person (our beloved Mack) on the transplant list and another (dear Budley) just about through the process of evaluation. So, come join us for more support and information, if you'd like.

I am a (healthy) caregiver to my husband who has Hep C and I participate fully on the Philzone board. I get great support for myself, too.

Good luck in all things, especially your dear wife's health.

DONATE LIFE!
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#4448 3 years, 4 months ago
{{{{{{{{VIBES FOR ELBERT THE MINDREADERS WIFE}}}}}}}}}}

peace

whitey-x & evie moonflower
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#5006 3 years, 4 months ago
Still hoping the Philzone isn't going anywhere(fingers crossed), it is starting to look that way.

Viva La Hepzone,

Long May You Run!
jazfish
Junior Boarder

#5307 3 years, 4 months ago
Bump to the top, Thanks Jill
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#5544 3 years, 4 months ago
I hope each day your feeling better Jazfish. I'm in your corner bro!

Watered our bushes & plants and such.Took all day!

Getting ready to crash for the night. Going to give Jim a call in the morning and see how he's doing with therapy. Maybe I'll get you and Mack and RTD as well!

Four! all to win!

lastscan.jpg

peace and good night...

whitey-x & evie moonflower
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Docpaleo.
Rabbit®
Junior Boarder
Merry Crankster® of the DNC

#5591 3 years, 4 months ago
For the last tennish years, I, and many others have dedicated a lot of heart and soul to a discussion folder for deadheads facing catastrophic illnesses on Dead Net proper, initially inspired by Phil's illness and the waves of support our community sent his way, as well as more directly personal reasons very close to home. We've lost a few very good people, but many have overcome, and more benefit to this day from having a safe place to address serious health issues sans the usual trolls that cruise the other discussions.

I sincerely hope that those in charge of this loose wheeled experiment will make support boards for heppers and other heads fighting serious health issues a permanant fixture here, either all-together, or separate folders.

It has been my experience that many, many more people than those who post benefit from the support this community provides, whether it is on Dead Net, Philzone, Ratdog board, and they all deserve a permanant place here if this is where they are most comfy. Compassion is the true jewel of this community as a whole, and I hope that it's power, and the need for it is recognized where and when it counts the most.

Maybe I'm just being a blustery momma bear, but I need to know my cubs have a safe place to be.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Rabbit®.
The following user(s) said Thank You: judit
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds